Thursday, October 20, 2005

A lesson learned

Never EVER try on anything when you go window shopping if you have no intentions of buying anything in the first place

Went for a movie with Sue, Boey, Jiun, Cyn and SoonHou on Monday. Because I am this close to broke after buying my pair of pretty Skechers (*grin* ), I told myself that I won’t buy anything because, actually, well, I don’t need anything! Haha…

So, before the movie, we did walk around a little cos dear Jiun was looking for a decent pair of pants. We went to MNG but found nothing that she particularly liked there. Then we went to watch Skeleton Key and thank goodness I didn’t scare myself shitless :p Ok.. After the movie, I suggested to Jiun that we can go check out the jeans at Zara cos the cutting is gorgeous!~ The ppl there were so nice and helpful :p great service! Haha… anyways, I was making a nice selection for Jiun when I thought, “Heck, why not try it on myself too since I have nothing else to do anyway?” WRONG MOVE! I tried on this pair of jeans and when I came out to show Jiun, Sue and Boey. They said “Nice”… I looked at it and I kinda like it too! Damn… *curse*

I didn’t know whether to buy it or not. It was a horrible internal battle! My heart said yes and the rational side said no (so it’s obvious which side won cos I’m not particularly booming in the rationality department!!) Damned shopaholic *curse* I'm so darned broke! I need to stop! *scream* I can't succumb to retail therapy! I can't do the superficial kind! Damn... I think I need a therapist *curse more* Now I understand why Sue and Boey kept saying that they won’t try anything on. Darn it, why, oh why didn’t I follow in their footsteps?! Why didn't they stop me!??! *cry*

As a consolation, at least buying a pair of jeans is better than buying any other pants cos I only have ONE single miserable pair of jeans now :p Anyways, Jiun didn’t find anything in Zara so we went to FCUK (take note: outlet in 1-Utama = lousy place, awful service, don't go and if you do, just go to trash it!) and Esprit next. I helped Jiun to pick out more pants to try one but me, oh, I refrained. Do you know how much willpower it took to refrain?! Gawd… if you guys haven’t tried it before, you’ll never ever understand. I have learnt my lesson. A very valuable lesson. A lesson that cost me a bomb. A lesson that I will remember for life… I didn’t try one a single piece of clothing no matter how nice I thought they looked!! I resolved and I was vigilant. I held my stand. I didn’t say I wasn’t tempted, it was hard *cry* but I held on! I hope that I will be able to keep this up. Or else, I am so avoiding all chances of encounters with anything that’ll bring out the shopaholic in me…
But I do so love my brand new trf denims! *grin*

No comments: