Wednesday, March 09, 2011

CSI Miami

I'm a CSI addict.

I've been religiously following CSI: Crime Scene Investigation since its premiere in 2000 and not only have I not stopped, I got hooked on its spinoffs CSI: Miami (premiered 2002) and CSI: New York (premiered 2004) - more on the latter rather the former. To put it quite simply, I love CSI and CSI New York, whereas I tolerate CSI: Miami.
The simple reason being it's just there waiting to be watched and its got the basic principles right.




Looking at the picture as shown above, please tell me if there's anything appealing at all that makes you go "I wanna watch it!!".

Nope?

Yup, you get my drift.

It's just some old skinny dude who's vertically challenged posing with a pair of sunglasses.

I guess it'd be fair to say that the reason I like CSI: Miami least is because of The Cast. CSI and CSI: New York has a pretty strong cast so CSI: Miami kinda just lags behind like a kid with a dripping ice cream cone.

And here's the initial cast of the series (since it's premiere):



Horatio Caine & Eric Delko



Calleigh Duquesne & Frank Tripp (the cop)



Tim Speedle & Alexx Woods (the M.E.)

Of the 6 people in the cast introduced in 2002, I only liked the character Frank Tripp because he's, all-in-all, a cop. And he doesn't have an infuriating way of talking or behaving that makes you want to reach into the tv-screen to smack him.

Horatio Caine - he walks weird, talks weird and behaves weird - with the slanted looks of him peering above his sunglasses and the twitchy little walk.

Eric Delko - he looks good in this photo? you think? that's about the end of the "good-looking" part... in the series, he looks constipated all the time and has this pent up anger and frustration (probably of the constipation).

Calleigh Duquesne - she gets more bearable after Season 1. Maybe it's the bad vibes you get from the rest that discolors her potential.

Frank Tripp - he's ok. looks, talks and behaves like a cop should.

Tim Speedle - this is the WORST character ever on CSI: Miami!! When he was disposed off at the start of Season 3, I thought it was the best move the producers could ever make! He's generally dirty and sloppy looking - doesn't come across as someone you'd trust with your crime scene evidence.

Alexx Woods - also talks annoying.

And then further down the road, CSI: Miami introduced new characters!!

Natalia Boa Vista & Ryan Wolfe

Finally, characters with, well, for lack of a better word... CHARACTER!!! People who don't try to look cool and comes across so obvious that they are acting. With them, I find that tolerating Horatio and his team of ingrates is not so tough after all.

And then, the introduction of 2 more new characters!

Walter Simmons & Jesse Cardoza

As the TV Series evolved, the character of Alexx Woods as M.E. was replaced and the characters Natalia and Ryan phased in and out and slowly came to stay. Then, in Season 8, there was indication that Eric Delko is leaving the team as well!

*hip hip hooray*

Only to be brought back on the final episode of Season 8 .... *sighs in surrender* guess that's kinda the definition of Incorrigible.

What's worse, the final episode of Season 8 (titled "They All Fall Down") made me immediately want to watch the launching episode of Season 9 -- only to be disappointed all over again.

Yeah, CBS killed of the character of Jesse Cardoza.




He's one of the best things that has happened to CSI: Miami. And he's so good looking!! He's the only good looking character on the whole show!!! Why in blue blazes would they want to do that? I don't know. I didn't ever bother googling it. And they brought back Eric Delko *yucks* There goes the series down the drain... again.

I know you must be thinking, "what the heck is she ranting on about!?"... It's just that I am frustrated and I had high hopes for CSI: Miami and now after watching Episode 1 of Season 9, I find that it's a MOOD SPOILER! And I have nowhere to complain about it and nothing to take it out on. So I'm doing it on my blog.

At least I've started blogging again *hah*!



1 comment:

mellim said...

Jesse Cardoza IS SUPER HOT.
Horatio just seems to appear out of nowhere and seems to be taking off his sunglasses in that stupid slow motion stance at any given time be it bullets flying about or hostage drama or something exploding... now imagine if Cardoza was doing that. Friggin sizzling right?!