Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fishes and Birds :)

On Saturday last weekend, Chin Aun and I went to Aquaria on the other side of KLCC. The entrance fee was RM36 for an adult and if you have the MyKad, it's Rm26. Thank goodness that we got ours already and so we were spared from paying an additional of RM10! Anyways, we took loads of photos there and it was really fun! haha... We were each given a CD on Aquaria as a souvenir and there's a nice little gift shop there too. Whereby I got a black tee with a cartoon shark on it! Haha... Haven't worn it yet though! And ChinAun bought me pretty notepads and a glow-in-the-dark dolphin to hang on my phone :p I love dolphins! But there weren't any there for us to see!! *cry* Anyways, there were many types of aquatic animals there for us to check out and there was this tunnel that we can walk through to experience the underwater feeling (which for some sad reason or another made me weak in the knees and dizzy!) There were some other types of organisms there too, like snakes and spiders and the like.
This is a photo that I took of the snakes there. I love them snakes! Look at their beautiful eyes and feel the cold slimey beauty of them! Haha... and there was this little one that was trying to attack me through the glass while I was filming it. I hope it didn't bruise itself knocking on the glass...
And I managed to snap a nice shot of the red-eyed tarantula (I think that's its name anyway). Isn't it magnificent!? It's a little furry and I'd prefer snakes over spiders any day, but you have to admit that this fella looks pretty good.
Next, we walked down the stairs and beside the stairs there was this tree was was entirely encased in glass and there was water inside and many types of fished swimming in it! I thought it was absolutely gorgeous! Hehe... and at the bottom of the tank, there was this huge terrapin turtle that was being ambushed by a big fish which was trying to swim under it! I took a shot of that but it's isn't clear so I can't upload it here. Look at the photo on the right -->
Pretty huh??? :)
See this silly looking fish? It's known as a Moorish Idol and we could actually reach into the aquarium and fish him out if we wanted too! The aquarium was an open aquarium and this silly looking fish kept spitting at us! Hehe... Felt so geram at that time. It was also spitting at all the others who were standing close and had their faces/hands near the surface of the water.
This is a photo taken inside the water tunnel and there were a few sharks that were swimming around. I think this is The Great White and it was difficult to snap it cos it was swimming pretty fast. There was also another huge shark there but I don't know the name of the species. We only managed to get it on video. Chin Aun was absolutely transfixed by them!
We took this photo right beside the tree encased in glass on the staircase :) we were trying so hard to get more of the fishes but what to do? haih... Only a camera phone so have to make do...

Okay... that basically sums up the short and somewhat expensive trip to check out fishes... Would you believe it if I told you we went to visit the KL Bird Park the very next day!? *grin* Check it out!!

Okays... That was a pretty eventful Saturday, so on Sunday, Chin Aun says that we are gonna pay the KL Bird Park a visit as well as the National Planetarium. But due to time constraints, we had to postpone the visit to the Planetarium. So let me talk about birds now... We had to pay entrance fee and it's RM12 per person. Waaaaay cheaper than Aquaria no?? Hehe... We were afraid that we were paying RM12 for nothing but we were pleasantly surprised! Most of the birds (except the aggresive ones) are allowed to roam free and it was pretty scary at first cos we are so susceptible to bird's droppings! and there were loads of bird crap everywhere! Imagine this, immediately when I got home, I got my pants nicely washed and scrubbed :p I can imagine some of the stuff that I trodded on were crap and there were some muddy patches too. I resorted to walking around with my umbrella open!

We were blessed with the sight of a male peacock trying to attract some peahens and what the heck, we got in the way! haha... Anyway, we stuffed our faces into the photo as well cos the peacock looked so pretty *grin* Well, at least we paid more attention to him that the peahens in the same vicinity. I guess his show of feathers somewhat bored them? *wink* Imagine, when we left after 2 and a half hours, this silly little bird is still at it!

Now.. this funny pair on the right is the mandarin duck and the wood duck. See, mandarin ducks and wood ducks can only survive in pairs and the darned birds are so confused with their own species! There was only one pair of each there and they've "exchanged partners"! We found the other odd pair in a lake near a bunch of pink flamingoes! Inter species copulation? *grin*

Now... isn't this a pretty pretty bird? :) We saw it in the section marked "Lorries" which is supposed to mean the Parrots but it was near the Hornbills section too. The color of this bird was what caught our attention. It was so shiny! I forgot to note the name of the bird though! Stupid me... *sigh*

Now isn't this a beautiful one? *wow* Very aggresive, this one. It was in a cage and when we neared it, it actually reared for attack! There was another eagle which was black but we couldn't get a clear shot of it *sigh* That was was even more aggresive! But both of them were really majestic looking. No wonder eagles are known as the king of the birds. Look at it's sharp claws *shudder*


These pictures, we took at the photo stand!! Hehe... It was RM5 per person if we wanted to take a photo with one bird with our own camera. But the person there was really nice and he allowed us to take pictures with so many types of birds and he didn't restrict the number of photographs that we took! So sweet of him, yes? Anyways, he gave me an owl and a hornbill and gave Chin Aun an eagle and a huge parrot. Can you see the silly owl pecking my head?! It was awful, being harrassed by an owl!! It was trying to grab hold of my sunglasses and refused to let go of my hair! Sheesh... And the hornbill was so heavy! Chin Aun took pictures with another eagle also which kept slipping cos it had little feet :p and it's grip was really strong cos the fella working there won't let it perch on my arm. Seems that it was be kinda painful and would leave scratches.. hmmm.. Then Chin Aun took a photo with the parrot there too and when the blue and yellow parrot perched on his arm, it's parner flapped over too and it scared the hell outta me for a second! Hehe... I took a photo of them together and it was so sweet, they nuzzled when asked by the keeper to pose for the photograph! Cute huh? :) When we left, the person working there gave me a handful of "kuaci"s to feed the lorries but I chickened out! Those lorries were so loud and excitable! I didn't want them pecking off my fingers.. Getting my head pecked in one visit is more than enough!

There was also a bird show at the amphitheater which lasted for only 15 minutes. Anyways, a bunch of parrots were performing tricks like cycling, color coordinating and even simple mathematical calculations!

Okay, now this picture on the left here is of Chin Aun trying to look heroic *ahem* y'see, the storks were allowed to roam free and this one was particularly aggresive! It was trying to peck at the people there and we had to scare it with my pink unbrella to get it to settle down long enough to snap this photo! Silly little bird! Scared the hell outta me...

There was this really nice looking waterfall there... where the aggresive stork was! And lucky it wasn't bugging all of us there who were trying to get a nice shot of the waterfall :) nice eh? So, other than loads of bird crap on the floor, a small drizzle and some smelly areas, the RM12 for this was well spent! *grin* Can't believe that I actually enjoyed frolicking around with a bunch of birds...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting..the aquaria. I wonder if they allow swimming with the sharks. I'd have to tie Ding to a pillar to stop him from jumping in together with them. He's crazy about these stuff. :)