Sunday, May 18, 2008

The thing about shoes...

On Saturday, it was chill-out day for me and Chin Aun with my sis and Daniel. So when we went to my sister's place, I was pushing and shoving Chin Aun until I tripped (luckily I didn't fall :p) and broke my shoe!!! *sobs* I BROKE MY SHOE! THE HEEL FELL OFF!!

So on Sunday, Chin Aun said that it was about time that I go look for another pair of shoes :) heh heh... and we went to MidValley to have a look since there's Isetan in The Gardens which is just within walking distance. I walked the entire MidValley and could not find any that I liked! I was at a the point of giving up when we walked over to The Gardens (personally, I don't really like the Gardens cos the stuff there are much too pricey for me.. and these same stuff are .. *clears throat* a tad bit too matured for my tastes -- in short, TOO AUNTY-lah).

Just to please Chin Aun because he likes Isetan, we walked into Isetan to just scout around and I saw this:




TIMBERLAND ON DISPLAY!!
BESIDE THE ENTIRE BIRKENSTOCK RANGE!!!

*swoons*

I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven!!!

And the place was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo quiet!! There was no one else there besides Chin Aun and I and the promoters. It was, undeniably, THE BEST shoe shopping environment. I hate going shopping when I have to shove with the crowds -- hence, I hate shopping during the Jusco sale even though there's mass sale going on. I often have to decide between whether I want to cope with the crowd or pay 20%-30% more so that I don't have to be in the midst of a retail-hungry crowd.

I tried on pair after pair of shoes. And the promoter was so sweet to actually measure the length and width of my foot so that I could get a perfect fit *beams* So I have feet the confirmed size of 8. Yeah...

When I was in the throes of shoes induced madness, Chin Aun brought over a pair of Timberland boots *gawk* it was the prettiest pair of boots that I have ever seen in my whole life and it cost a whopping RM499 (without discount!!!!!!). I HAD to try it on even though I know that I would never buy it. It was light grey suede with woolen in-soles.

Whilst I waited for the promoter to bring a pair of boots in size 8, I pondered as to why I would even consider trying on the shoes when I know I don't need it... for anything! So I walked around and Chin Aun was also walking around looking for another nice pair of shoes for me... and we saw this!



OMGawd... LEATHER sandals with the teeniest details so profound it made my heart stop just for a second!


Just at that moment, the promoter came back and informed me that they actually do not have stock of the Timberland boots at size 8. Apparently, not many people buy these boots.. not only because they are so ridiculously priced, but also because of our climate. Damn! So disappointed!! I really wanted to see how the boots fit even though I knew that I neither have the financial back-up nor a solid reason to want to buy them! *pouts*

To pacify my disappointment, I then asked for the sandals in my size and kept my fingers crossed. Luckily it was available in size 8 *grins*

I then put the sandals on, and I regretted it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until now, I am regretting it!!!!!!!!!


*scream*

The sandals were so soft and so comfortable!!!!!! I made the mistake of not looking at the price tag before trying it on!!!!!!!!! It cost a bloody RM365 and it felt like the top of the world!!! It fit like a glove!!!!! I've found the soul mate for my feet and I cannot bloody afford it!!!!
*bang head on wall*

I know that the shoes is not as dressy as the shoes that I've bought previously but what is the importance of dressy when the shoes are so comfortable!!?





I loved them so much I didn't want to take them off. The promoter must have thought she'd made a sure-sale. I was hook-line-sinker.

Chin Aun looked at me expectantly. Expecting me to do something. Pondering my next move, obviously! So I did the only thing that I knew I should have done since I saw the magnificent display of Birkenstock and Timberland shoes.

I whacked him.

Yup. Hard on the arm. If it wasn't because of him, I wouln't have this unhealthy longing tugging at my heart and making my knees weak.

I had no choice but to walk out of Isetan and cry (inside!) because I know it would be inappropriate to buy the shoes. But at least Chin Aun said that we should go home and think about it. If I still want it after 2 weeks, then by all means, go and get it. He did not mention the most important part :

The person footing the bill! *groan*

*bang head harder on wall*

Someone please shoot me *sobs* I'm a miserable wreck...

ALL BECAUSE OF A PAIR OF SHOES!

(This is really freaky and doesn't make any sense... I cannot recall any one PERSON who'd ever made me so miserable :D hee hee...) Talk about priorities...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obsession is a killer....hahaha