Thursday, June 14, 2012

Now, shoes...

... that is something that's very close to my heart.

Just because I haven't posted anything about shoes in a while, doesn't mean that I haven't bought shoes in a while (that'd be the day! haha), it's just that I haven't been compelled to blog about any... until today! Because I cannot contain my exuberance!! Haha... I know if I don't post this today, I won't do it ever...

I have been trying on this pair of peep-toe wedges since some time last year but I never got around to buying it because it costs a whooping EUR74.90 and I'm not willing to part that amount with a pair of sandals that I can wear only in spring-summer and is NOT made of leather. That amount for a pair of boots or leather heels is ok, but for a pair of sandals... hmmm... I'll need to think at least twice before really buying it.

Capri Espadrilles

 Now tell me, is this not one of the most beautiful pair of wedges that you have ever seen??? It was love at first sight for me *hearts*... I love wedges, I love black and I love peep-toes... I kinda just love, love, love, LOVE SHOES!!


Even the box is pretty *swoons* Love the rich green interior of the box. It has a magnetic closing clasp too.. Nice!


 What a great pair to build up my my birthday next week.. Hehe.. I was in the store again today, trying it on again, for the umpteenth time, and I called Jim at work and asked "Should I?", keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. He just said three words, three words so wonderful, that there's just no other description for it. He said, "Just do it!"!!

That REALLY made my day :)

Since I am writing about shoes, I'm gonna post some photos of other pairs of shoes that I bought in the past year, just for memory's sake.

For the warmer days of spring where the temperature went crazy and rose to the late 20's, I had the Birkenstock Gizeh in blue accompanying me. It made its debut when Jim and I went to the beach and biking in Terschelling. I didn't plan on buying this because I got the exact same pair in lavender last year and I left it at home in Malaysia, but it just got too warm and I didn't feel like trudging around town in a pair of covered shoes.


The Gizeh in Silver-Blue Leather
 
Gizeh and the Terschelling Skyline

And in winter, apart from the hardy full-leather practical boots that everyone depends on, I bought this pair of ankle boots in grey-brown.

Cynthia Lu Ankle Boots



 I ordered the pair off the internet and was really keeping my fingers crossed that it looked as good as it does on the website... My heart was thumping after the package arrived and I was opening it. Needless to say, it did not disappoint! It's surprisingly comfortable for a heel that high... I didn't take any up-close photos because I still have some muddy residue on the heels, and I'm hoping that you can't see it... As you can see from the photo, I 'strategically' covered the heel of the boot on the left so that the dirty heel wouldn't show.. Hehe..

And now, I must log off... I need to strut around the house in my spanking new espadrilles ;)


2 comments:

mellim said...

Babe i wanna go shop for shoes

Soon Yee said...

@mellim, wait until I come back??