Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tribute to a dear friend...

When I woke up this morning, there was someone specific on my mind. I don't know why but I just suddenly thought of her and then I realized that I haven't really been keeping in touch with her because of my busy schedule that is filled with tests, quizzes, assignments and the like...

Well... the person that I am talking about here is Melissa =) ahhh... old pal! How I've missed you so... Remember how we kept making arrangements to meet up when I was back in Penang and working in Bosch? Although we could hardly make the time but chatting with you almost EVERYDAY via email (thanks to Bosch's *ahem* facilities) make me feel as though we were back in our old crappy days *reminiscing* We'd talk about the most ridiculous things! *hehe* (only for us to know ya? *wink*)

Isn't it funny that our friendship is still holding on and going strong after so many years?! It's such a wonder that whenever I had a problem, you'd always be the first to know and you never judged me and you never looked at me through tainted glass. You'll always be the first to comfort me whenever there's a problem and however bad the situation, you'll find a way to make me laugh and in the end we'll be making a joke of it. You would always back me up, no matter what and never said a bad thing about me. And you know what? I would never ever do that to you either =)


We shared each other's passion for music, TV shows, cartoons, movies and many more stuff that are not appropriate to be publicly published (oh, as well as each other's morbid imagination!) and at the rate that we exchange sources for those (whoo-hoo...) *wink* hehehe... We even had our own version of Blessid Union of Soul's "Light In Your Eyes"... Remember? We wrote it during one immensely boring Add Maths tuition class. And you were always stingy with your singing voice but I'm glad I caught a snippet of your rendition of "I Drive Myself Crazy" =) And we'd listen to all sorts of Chinese songs without a clue of what the song is really about!


Remember our pact ya? I'll slap you silly if you ever lose the crappiness and I know for sure that you would do the same to me too *grin*
Just wanted to let you know that I truly appreciate you and you are the most wonderful friend that anyone could ever ask for *hugs* love you lots... and miss you so very much...


Here's to you:

We've known each other for the past 16 years;
We've been thru sunshine, rain, laughter and tears.


Fate threw us together when we were in standard one;

And up till today, our memories are a ton.


You've seen me at my worst, and at my very best;

We've done almost everything, sloughed thru a million tests.


We shared laughter in abundance, and lots of sadness too;

The times that I were down, you made sure I had a friend in you.


At times when the world shunned me and blocked me out;

You brought out the sun and chased away the clouds.


And now that we're almost adults; very much geographically apart;

We'll do little things, letting each other know what's in our hearts.


Any message or mail from you, will not fail to bring a smile to my face;

Because I know you'll always take the time, no matter how fast work's pace.


Though the years may go by, and we'll go our different ways;

But true to our friendship we'll remain, and forever close we would stay...

1 comment:

mellim said...

Yes...indeed..I remember the good times, the bad times, the worst times and the best times and I will never regret all those times as we build our little crappy world nobody else could comprehend.
Here's to almost 2 decades of true friendship and many more years of crapping.