Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pre-Examinations Stress *scream*

Sounds as though I am getting stressed out? *ponder* Then how come I can't seem to get anything done? I keep telling myself that I have to get my notes in order for each of the 6 subjects this semester, but so far, nothing has been done. In my mind, I have mapped out that by today, I would have finished at least half of my Culture & Communication notes, but I have only read a few pages! I just don't know why tv shows that did not attract me before seem so appealing to me now... and I have never bothered with whether the living room has been swept and mopped but it seems so important that I have to get it cleaned up now. I used to put off having to either wash my clothes or sending them to the laundromat but suddenly, it's vital that I get it done immediately. Is this procrastination of studying rearing it's ugly head???

Frankly, I don't really feel the stress much. But then why is it that I am literally sprouting pimples??? When I say sprouting, I literally mean the Malay proverb that says "Tumbuh Macam Cendawan Selepas Hujan" (loosely translated as mushrooms sprouting after the rain). Also, why am I having an awful rash outbreak? And waking up early in the morning (that's like really very incredible for someone like me) telling myself that I have to study only to spend the entire day watching 3rd Rock from The Sun, bathing, listening to Rooster and fooling around with my housemates??? Is it just me or does every student suffer from the same pre-examinations symptoms???

With this post in my blog, I include a crude image of my biggest fear... getting a D (ok.. in my case, it is getting a C, a D or worse, FAILING!!) in any of my subjects, especially in the stupid programming subject that I was forced to take this semester. Object-Oriented Programming Language... BAH... what in the world would I ever need that for anyway? *curse*

All I can do now is to cross my fingers and pray... REAL HARD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you are so rite bout every students goin thru this pre-exam mental syndrome (PMS). Here I am reading you blog when next week I have my Finals.

Well good luck n god bless to you and me and everyone sitting for exams

Anonymous said...

my dear...I experience the same thing when I'm having exams. I will do anything and everything except study, it's weird how things that never interests me suddenly becomes my hobby just before exams. Well, GANBATTE! And good luck!