Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Old School R&B!!

As usual, in my daily procrastination of studying, I dug out some of my old Color Me Badd and Blackstreet music... I listened to them and it was sheer R&B!!! What ever happened to great bands like that? Are grand bands like that a thing of the past and are slowly replaced by repulsive wannabe boy bands?!?! *puke* the mere thought of that is making me sick...

For those who have no idea what Color Me Badd is, let me enlighten you. In 1991, these 4 vocal quartets broke through and topped the R&B charts with the suggestive "I Wanna Sex You Up". After that was "I Adore Mi Amor", "All For Love" and my personal favourite, "Forever Love". Ahhh... Then there was the not-so-famous "I'll Never Love This Way Again" and "Last To Know" (Human Nature did a cover for this song too), but I liked them anyways! In their final album, Forever Love, only "The Earth, The Sun, The Rain" made it to the charts and that was where their success ended and they disbanded *sobs*
As for Blackstreet; it was one of the biggest R&B groups in the 90's that shook the airwaves with the unforgettable "No Diggity".
"I like the way you work it
(no diggity)
I got to bag it up
"
Anyone who loves music would have heard of that song *grin* Then they tugged at our heartstrings with the soulful "Don't Leave". Color Me Badd did more soul R&B whereas Blackstreet was more of a HipHop R&B Band, but both are equally successful in their own ways. Of course, that was waay long ago. The last album they released was back in July 2004. Over a year ago... *sigh* The last song that I remember they did was "Take Me There" featuring Mya for the Rugrats soundtrack.

Here's a final tribute to these great bands that produce genuine R&B music *cheers*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well..well..if you have not post up this blog..i would have totally forgotten abt them..yea i do agree..they are great groups..and i love the earth,the sun, the moon..the rugrats soundtrack also reminds me of the baby giggles..it's so cutee.. :)

-scwar-