Friday, August 19, 2005

Music... the greatest of the arts

I'm currently hooked on songs from a few artists, namely Coutney Jaye, Lene Marlin, Jay Sean and Rooster.

Courtney Jaye only released her album, entitled "Travelling Light" in June this year and her music is really something that everyone would turn their heads to. Her first single is "Can't Behave", a bouncy number bound to catch your attention. I heard it once on the air and went to check it out. Well... I'm hooked now on that song as well as the slow number "Can You Sleep?" and her third release, "Permanent". It doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous too, don't you think? :)

Hailing from Norway is Lene Marlin and her addictive acoustic music... I've been hooked on her music for a VERY VERY long time... since the year 1998 *whoa* (can you believe that?!) and I STILL love her music... her music is kinda similar to that of Courtney Jaye's. I accidentally stumbled on her album is Disc & Dat and when I heard "Unforgivable Sinner", I knew that I had to listen to the rest of the album. Obviously, I was not disappointed! Other than "Unforgivable Sinner", I also love "Where I'm Headed", "So I See", "A Place Nearby" and the ever popular "Sitting Down Here". She has a couple more albums and I just can't wait to check it out~!


Now about Jay Sean... His first single released here in Malaysia is "Stolen" and wow, i was prety impressed... Jay Sean is UK's first Asian crossover artist and his music is a unique blend of 'Desi' rhythms, Hip Hop and R&B. I thought "Stolen" was great, but when I heard "Dance With Me (Nachna Tere Naal)", I was absolutely blown away! I didn't know I could love fusion music so much! Hehe...

Finally, Rooster is a London based rock band and the voice behind the frequently played "Come Get Some". They give new meaning to rock music despite the somewhat silly band name (in my opinion anyway). Other songs that I find worth listening to are like "Deep and Meaningless", their cover version of "No Diggity"and "Staring at the Sun" to name a few. I found out about Rooster from Melissa... so, thanks Mel dear... *hugs*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup! I heard No Diggity over the radio once. It's really cool~!