Thursday, September 15, 2005

The taste of freedom

It's ALL over!! FINALLY!~ Discrete Maths is my last paper for this semester~ I'm not even sure if I did well, I guess I just don't care anymore.. hehe... no more papers to worry about, providing I don't have to take any supplementary papers, or worse, retake the entire subject! O_O *gasp* Better keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best for all papers! hehe...

If all goes well, I'll have 3 months on my hands to spend travelling back and forth between KL and Penang and working on my final year project. Of course, there'll be no attending classes, so no tutorial work and no schedules *grin* and there's gonna be so much time to do what I love... Reading & Music!!

I have a few books lined up, like Anne Rice's "Taltos" and an old book I found in Jusco on Christmas Miracles *starry eyed* I love Christmas... hehe..

I read the other 2 books on the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice already: "The Witching Hour" and "Lasher" and I just love the way she describes everything up to the smallest detail. I fell in love with Lasher after reading the first book. The 3 books are generally about the Mayfair family and it's line of witches. One Mayfair with per generation will get the power of Lasher - aka "the man". Lasher gives the witches gifts, excites them and protects them. The Mayfairs are not sure what Lasher really is but they can identify him as a protector, a god-like creature, a sexual being and the image of death. So anyways, Lasher's supposed to come through the 13th Mayfair witch, who is also the most powerful witch, into human form. After he comes into tangible form, he has to look for the right Mayfair females to breed with (it doesn't sound so crude when you read it in Anne Rice's words!) *grin* So now I'm in my 3rd book, about Lasher's breed *grin*

After reading that, I'll probably read Sidney Sheldon's "If Tomorrow Comes" again... I've read that so many times, I've lost count. Then I'll go hunting for Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles cos I love that too...
Reading is bliss~!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea freedom..and may everyone pass thier exams and do not need to sup..hmm..u like anne rice? didn't know..hehehe..i dun really like her style..kinda boring..well..just fyi...i have memnoch the devil if u wan i cud lend it to u... plus my potter books :)

-scwar-

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll try one Anne Rice book one day. I like any kind of stories. But one of my favourites are Michael Chricton's books..or maybe it's just coz of Jurassic Park. :P