Saturday, September 24, 2005

Finding a pair of thongs

*grin* Just a note for clarification: the thong in question here isn't the same as the one in Sisqo's Thong Song ok!!

The week before last week, I went shopping at 1-Utama for some books since it was after exam and because I am not good at multitasking (in this case, it's reading and walking and talking at the same time), I tripped and broke my sandals. I was absolutely mortified because I happen to like that particular pair of sandals a great deal... it's comfortable and it's pink! Anyways, Chin Aun told me not to be upset over a pair of shoes and so we went hunting for a new pair. Went to many different shops (Studio-R, Converse, Hush Puppies.. you name it!) and I couldn't find a pair that I really liked (for all those people out there, you know the feeling that you get when you find the perfect pair of shoes/pants/etc right?) Well... I didn't have this feeling although I was really tempted to get a pair of Hush Puppies Sandals. I held back because of the price :p haha... RM159 for a pair of sandals is really NOT feasible.

So... I went to so many places to look for the perfect pair to replace my broken sandals but I just couldn't find a replacement. I was this close to giving up! I was supposed to go back to Penang this morning but I had to postpone it cos I came down with flu, sore throat and fever yesterday (what a combo!) and was confined to bed all day, yesterday. Since I was feeling better today, I went to The Curve with Chin Aun and we walked over to Ikano Power Center. When I walked into Fila, I saw my sandals on display! And at only HALF the price of what I got it for almost a year ago! Can you imagine how elated I was at that very moment!? I bought my old pair at RM79.90 last year and now it's only RM39.90. Then Chin Aun told me to get two pairs since I liked it so much *grin* Doesn't require much persuasion here... *ahem ahem*
Things have been going so well lately *grin* and what more to make things even better? So here I am, the proud owner of two new pairs of thongs. Man... shoes really do make me happy. Haha... Also, because I have been unwell, my voice was really awful yesterday --> couldn't really speak. I can speak today but I sound like a man *grin* Can you imagine that my parents actually called to listen to my "new" voice?!? And to laugh at me... But I figured that I don't mind sounding like a man, because I've found my shoes, everything's okay~ Besides, now I can sing along to many of the songs that I wasn't able to sing to, so might as well enjoy it right? *grin*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi soon,

you r funny girl

Anonymous said...

hey glad to know that u have finally found ur sandals! hahah..u r just a lucky girl huh? after such a long time..and u can still find it! ehehehe..enjoy the show girl! :)

-scwar-

Anonymous said...

oppss...hahaha..i was suppose to type shoe instead of show in the comment above..sorry..typing error..heheh

-scwar-

Anonymous said...

your parents called to laugh at your new voice?? that's so cute....i mean...sorry. SHEEPISH GRIN.
Glad you found your sandals!