Friday, September 16, 2005

Of Piercings & Tattoos

What do you people think about piercings and tattoos?? =) I, for one, LOVE them~! haha... As I write this, I believe that Sue is somewhere cheering me on *grin*

People have this perception that people with multiple piercings and tattoos are rebellious... and that is SO NOT true. For piercing and tattoo lovers like us, this is a form of art, heck... it's a very beautiful form of art! If I get to do things my way, you'll see me with a nose stud. But nope, since I'm still under parental financial aid, I gotta live by their rules and that means no piercings on anywhere other than the ear! And no tattoos too! *cry*

Society also perceives males with pierced ears as homosexuals. Hmmm... I don't think they are homosexuals, on the contrary, no?~ *wink* Piercings should not only be limited to females! It doesn't even matter which side of the ear that a male wears an earring anymore because there are no such rules governing it, don't you agree? Let me give you examples of some pretty hot pierced males. All 3 members of the Goo Goo Dolls are pierced, Daniel Johns of Silverchair is pierced, Alex Band of The Calling is pierced (see picture *grin*), Justin Timberlake is too... and Lenny Kravitz is soooo pierced and soooo tattooed *grin* to name a few of course. There are plenty more out there!! I would love to go on and on about it but I'm getting sleepy... so anyways...
Piercings are not limited to the ear only =) Navel piercings are ok and nose studs are fine too. But I'd draw a line to tongue piercings and the like. Looks too painful for my liking... But I don't think I'll ever get my navel pierced though... a personal experience of seeing someone with her navel ring ripped off will forever be etched in my memory :p hehe...

One day, when I am no longer suffering from financial constraints, I am so getting a tattoo =) I have even already decided what tattoo to get and where to get it done. Of course, I'll be getting it done on a part of the body that my mom won't likely notice ;)
Remember, don't conform to the old thinking. Set yourselves free cos piercings and tattoos are in, and they are here to stay whether some people choose to accept it or not =) But please, do get it done tastefully ya?
For those of you who loves this form of art and isn't conforming to society's perceptions... *hugs*
So Sue, when are you gonna get your ear cartilage pierced? I wanna go!! Remember ya? And I'll definitely ask you along when I get my first tattoo. It's a deal, ok? *hugs* So glad to find someone who shares my tastes and my interests interests!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i shall post my first comment on tattoos and piercings...although i do not haf a tattoo nor a piercing, i did thought of getting one on the ear..but my fren told me i do not have the look for it >_< however i do know this dude who used to pierce a lot...his tongue,under the lips, ears, even his nipples! but then it didn't turn out so well, the nipple one..it bled, thus causing it to swell...ahahah

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo...Alex Band is HOT! Real sexy voice from a skinny guy like him. Anyway back to piercings...I only dare to get it on my ear and the last one I got was 1 extra hole on each ear. That's it! no more..I'm not too adventurous for piercings. I'm afraid of pain you see, and other parts just seem weird to me. One more thing, guys with tattoos, they should only get it if they have the 'body' for it. Some guys just don't... :)