Tuesday, May 22, 2007

22nd May 2007

22nd May... Hmmm... Do you know that on this day, Chin Aun and I have officially been together for 5 years?? 5 long years ya... How time flies... It seemed like just yesterday when he was still studying in Kelantan and I was still studying in Penang. And now we are both here, stuck in the misfortunate city of Petaling Jaya, miles away from home...
To celebrate our 5th year together, we left work early and went for a nice dinner at Planet Hollywood on Bintang Walk... Though I've been here for 3 years, I have never been inside Planet Hollywood. Sure, we've always said that one day we'll go check it out, but we never had the time or the chance and now opportunity has presented itself :)
Started off just like any other day... gruelling day at the office for him and for myself... Then these came for me :)

Chocolate Flowers!


A photo of me and the bouquet taken using Chin Aun's phone...




We both got off work on the dot and I drove over to his office to pick him up. Then he drove us to Bintang Walk. Surprisingly, there wasn't any traffic jam! :) A good sign??


In the throes of my menu-madness


Planet Hollywood's Signature Starter
(the mozzarella was soooooooooo good!!!! as were the quesadilla!)


Signature Ceaser Salad
(awesome!!! the only other nice one I ever tasted was from MFM)


By the time we were done with these two appetizers, we were almost too full to eat anything else! And we both had an order of main course on the way.... each!!!


Chin Aun's Tequila Chicken
(When we were served this, Chin Aun asked to pack half of the chicken home --- so you can imagine, this is only half portion of the serving!)



My choice of main course --- sizzling beef fajita *yum*
Like him, I was too full to eat so I had to ask them to pack it up nicely for me to take home together with the Tequila Chicken after taking only 1 wrap)



We packed so much to go, that we had enough food to last us until the next day's dinner! hee hee... Ultimately, the food there wasn't bad, it wasn't bad at all! However, the service was barely mediocre. The guy who waited on us was pretty attentive, but the hostess was distant and disinterested and the girl tending the souvenir section was ill-mannered and asking for a good-hard slap.

My conclusion --- go to Planet Hollywood KL if you don't give 2-cents about customer service. If customer service is what you thrive in, this is the place you have to skip. Remember y'al, There's nothing like bad customer service to spoil a special occassion!

All that aside, I was in a great mood and nothing (not even lousy service) could spoil it :)

After 5 long years...

No comments: