Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I finally did it!!!

I did it!~ I finally did it!~!!! *grins*
I'm so happy... hehe... I finally got my cartilage pierced!!! My right cartilage... ahem... It's also known as helix piercing...

I've always been wanting to do it but I chicken out every time. Instead, I always get my ear lobes pierced and since I already have 3 on each lobe, I've decided to stop being such a big chicken and come right out to do it!! hehe...

I was so scared that it was going to hurt that I kept putting it off. Until last night. I figured if I want it, then might as well go and get it done. To hell with regrets. It didn't hurt at all :) One of my friends told me once that if we are feeling any emotional pain, we wouldn't be feeling the physical pain so much. But am I going through any emotional distress, that I am not aware of? I don't know... Maybe my pain-threshold has increased ;) for someone who's so scared of pain (I still maintain that I am allergic to pain, no matter what anyone says!) this is a great achievement!!!

Come to think of it, the only time I cried while piercing was when I was 5 years old. My first piercing. Then I got my second piercing when I was doing my diploma and I was upset that I got a C for accounting that I decided to do something out of the ordinary. My second piercing, that was. My third piercing was when I first came down to KL. THAT time I was REALLY distressed, which would explain why I didn't feel tha pain at all? I'll never know... Then one of the holes closed up cos I dropped my earring and I went back to the shop and got it re-pierced. And still it didn't hurt. Was anything bothering me then? I don't remember... And finally, today. I pierced my cartilage. And it didn't hurt... So... what's the deal?

To everyone who's reading this... Do you think it's true what my old friend said? The following is her statement:
"You won't feel so much of the pain physically if you're already hurting inside"

I don't know if it's true... what do you think? *ponder ponder*
If it's true, then the next time I get emotionally hurt, I'm piercing my navel *grins*


PS: Sue, stop being mad at me... I promise that I'll get my next one done with you. I think I'll get one either above or below the current one in around a month from now? *winks* I'm addicted...

2 comments:

mellim said...

I don't know how true is that old saying. Never felt both at the same time, never want to. It might hold true...

Anonymous said...

macam kena tembak by m16(said by one of our fella) hehe
u ask for comments,this is ur comment...i dun really like piercing also,how to comment?its ugly when u take out those rings n studssssss..ewww

jc