Saturday, November 10, 2007

Michael Buble

People who know me well know that I absolutely adore Michael Buble. I love the way he croons, and I love his songs... It's amazing how someone can do such fabulous cover versions of so many hit love songs from long ago.



It'a also astounding how he's talented not only in jazzing up these one-hit wonders but also in writing his own hits. From the heart-warming single detailing how much he misses his loved one in "Home" and the feet and finger-tapping upbeat "Everything" expressing how much his loved one means to him and finally, to the heart-breaking-soul-wrenching "Lost" which was written to narrate a lost love (this song breaks my heart *sobs*)


So, on one peaceful morning, I was just getting out from my leisurely bath to be greeted by an AWFUL rendition of "Home" on MTV. The first thing that crossed my mind was that there was something wrong with my TV but as I stepped to take a closer look at the screen, I swear I felt my heart drop to my feet.

Because, right there on tv for public viewing, was a quadruplet of MORONS tearing Michael Buble's "Home" apart!!!!

Lo, and behold, the stinking morons:


Oh, I took the liberty to cross out their faces and changed their names to NoLife. It is of course, a much needed initiative on my part because of the injustice that they were doing to the song. The damage to the song is irreversible *sobs*

I know that you probably think that I'm being overdramatic here, but at least I know Chin Aun shares my sentiments because a minute later, he burst into my room yelling, "You won't believe what is on TV!!!". The look of disbelief and disgust on his face was priceless! And it was sooooooooo good to see that he shared my opinions because it's sometimes hard for us to be on the same page where music is concerned (e.g. Alex Band of The Calling!).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a boyband hater. I loved N'Sync even before JT spread his wings and flew or Lance came out of the closet! All these while, I had NOTHING against them. Not even when they did their rendition of Uptown Girl and actually had the gorgeous Claudia Schiffer featured in their MTV tossing aside her uptown ways to follow these downtown men (I actually cringed when I typed that). But to do a cover of "Home" is the worst insult that has ever been uttered in the music industry!

Who do they think they are, trying to fix something that is not broken?!?! Who do they think they are, even thinking that they, these meagre pieces of nothing, can actually do a better job than Michael Buble!??! Are they deluded or something?!?!?!?!

And when I was emailling Melissa, we shared the same disgust for this quadruplets of crap. And when I met Zeeks for lunch, he did not fail to make me proud because he too hates them for doing this. Just so you know, all 3 of us love Michael Buble and therefore, in conjunction with this act of blasphemy, we are holding a joint blog-post on this matter. I'll link their pages as soon as they're up.

Actually, we serve no purpose doing this, except for enjoying that fragment of satisfaction of voicing our thoughts aloud on this matter.

From this day on, I hereby declare to detest each and every single to be released by Westlife and to trash them at every opportunity possible.

.::Update::.

Melissa's Blog Post :- "Oh Darn, What Have They Done?"


Zeek's Blog Post :- "Westlife... Please DIE?!"

2 comments:

mellim said...

Yes, when I heard that on the radio..I was like WTF??!!

Zeekco said...

Ive posted my 2 cents worth of thoughts in my blog.. enjoy!