Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bumbu Bali :D

I've decided to dedicate this entire post to the meal that Zeeks treated me and Chin Aun to at Bumbu Bali :D Zeeks, if you are reading this, you should be pleased, yes? *grins* and... since you were on your 'best' behaviour all night (most of the time anyway! and I didn't manage to catch you on camera doing odd stuff) there won't be any funny pics of you here ;) hee hee... and I shall describe you in the most colorful terms!! (I meant colorful in a GOOD way! don't worry!!)

On Friday, Zeeks came over to pick me and Chin Aun up and took us to Bumbu Bali (some eating place) in Puchong! *yeah* Took us around 30mins plus to get there cos of the traffic and it was quite a distance away from where we are staying. To give him credit, he came straight from work ;) so that kinda shows some sincerity *ahems* hehehe... (kidding, Zeeks!)

This is the front view of the place:

It's kinda blur cos it was taken with my phone... If only I'd brought my trusty old camera *smack forehead*
The place looked really nice! Nice decor! hehe... pretty authentic Bali looking! But I heard from Zeeks that the owner is a Korean... so, go figure!
The following photos are of the interior of the place. We wanted to get seats upstairs but it was full already and the only available seats were downstairs, so we had to settle for that. We actually had to wait for a table cos it was packed! *whoa*



Photos of Chin Aun and Zeeks...

Left: That Chin Aun giving me another funny face when I asked him to smile at the camera *hmmph* Said he was too hungry to smile!

Right: Mr. Vain-Pot won't be too hungry to smile! hee hee...


Some photos of our FOOD!! *yeah* the food is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! But it was kinda pricey though. Around the same price range as places like Chilis and Friday's, but smaller portions.

Mine - I ordered and grilled lamb and beef combo :D yummilicious!! okok... so I'm a red meat lover ;)

Chin Aun's order - Grilled Chicken with Squid. Mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and coleslaw on the side (same as mine!) here's a white meat lover ;)

Zeeks' Order - Half Chicken (I think it's a 'kampung' chicken cos it's too puny) with yellow rice (whazzat??) with different sauces... he's going oriental with the rice :p

Bumbu Bali's Version of TRIPLE PLAY! :D Zeeks ordered this for us to share. It's 4 sticked of 'sate' (mashed chicken meat on vege sticks), fried sotong and grilled chicken wings. My fav = the SATE! and the garlic-chili sauce *yums*

I made them wait... TOLD THEM NOT TO DIG IN YET...so that I can take the photos. And in the course of doing that, I was made hugely UNPOPULAR. I was insulted and harrased *hmmph* and Zeeks decided to DIG IN ANYWAY and went straight for the fried sotong! and I caught him on camera! hahaha.. I managed to smack Chin Aun's hand before he got to the sotong! Hmm.. both of them aimed for the sotong first... must be the portion size.. easy to stuff into mouth! haha...

Zeeks hand in front of mouth = After stuffing the sotong in!! Cis!

(note: because I promised not to do or say anything bad about him... the pic of him stuffing food in his mouth is of a smaller size :p) hee hee...

They're TOASTING TO ME!! Muahahahaha...

Some photos that were taken after the meal:

Three of us posing for the camera...

That's me and Chin Aun looking stuffed! I look kinda doinky with my hair out of place...

Proof of Payment: Zeeks paying for the meal *grins* (THANK U THANK U!)

The following photos were taken upstairs :) We went upstairs to have a look around after eating...

Left: Me and Chin Aun while Zeeks went off to answer nature's call

Right: Chin Aun and Zeeks posing with a little fountain and the picture of Buddha(?) in the background (the whole place had all these deco up and they are all for sale!)

Final photo of the day :) Zeeks kept inching behind to make my face and Chin Aun's face bigger! Teruk case...

Basically, it was good food with great company :D hehe.. Thanks so much Zeeks, for taking us there, and for the lovely treat. *hugs* Thanks for telling me about this place when you went there the first time (which was a couple of weeks back) and for being nice enough to want to take me and Chin Aun there to check it out (hmm... nice? *grins* don't normally see this word in the same sentence that describes you eh? hee hee) Looking forward to the next one! *hint hint* Tokyo Sushi? hee hee.. (kidding kidding!!) Hope we can do it again some time soon... But gotta look for something for affordable this time! ;)

oklar.. won't make you pay ok?! hee hee... maybe we can go for steamboat? ;)

Hope this post did you and Bumbu Bali justice...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha... very well written! i guess it pays to appear or to have a blog entirely dedicated to me. RM120? kinda cheap. hey soon, why din't you highlight the other stuff as well, like when you and chin aun trying to "kidnapp" my IBM notebook after the dinner or chin aun going down to drive away my wira?? remember it's a husband and wife strategy trying to con their "bestest fren"? hahah...
anyway, hope you guys enjoy the dinner outing. Though the food is kinda pricey but at the end of the day, its the company that matters, rite??

-zeekman-