Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year in Kuantan

You must be thinking... "huh?!" haha... Actually, my sister's husband, Daniel, is from Kuantan and so all of us (that would be me, Chin Aun, my sis, Daniel, my cousin, my parents and my aunt) went there for the New Year!~ Daniel's parents organized some post-wedding luncheon in the church that Daniel grew up in.
Anyways, it wasn't a very happening place (look who's talking! :p It's not like I am such a happening person to begin with!~ *grins*) BUT it was fun and it was relaxing and there was no traffic there!!~ Except the time when we went for Ikan Bakar and there was some JPN roadblocks to check the cars. It was cool cos there were many motorcyclists who were hiding behind trees a couple of meters before the roadblock! Hehe...
Some great stuff to note about Kuantan:
(1) Teluk Chempedak (the beach is so great!! I went there on both days!)
(2) Satay Zul (the beef satay was to die for! yum! But of course, I am a "beef" person, so my opinion's probably biased)
(3) Smooth traffic
Here are some photos taken in Kuantan...

The photos that we took of Teluk Chempedak :) nice leh?

This is a photo of me and Chin Aun against the setting sun :) Can hardly see my face, but I guess it doesn't really matter cos I look like crap anyway...

MY FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND!~

Haha... I had to exert so much pressure to make my footprints as prominent as possible for it to look OBVIOUS in the photo! I was so red in the face after that *phew*

~SATAY ZUL~

Because I really like the satay, so the photo of it is bigger than the other photos posted here :p see? that's 10 sticks of Chicken Satay, 10 sticks of Beef Satay and 5 sticks of Mutton Satay *yum*

We actually had Satay on our first day there but we liked it so much that we went again the very next day. It was raining so heavily but we actually (in this case, we means me, Chin Aun and my cousin) went anways! At 11:30pm *grins* insane!~ All in all... it was a pretty fun trip *grins*

There wasn't much celebration of the new year in Kuantan... either that or we didn't know where to go. There were fireworks though! And there was a countdown along the Pahang River which was right beside the hotel that we were staying in. There was also this bistro in the hotel (I guess it was the one that organized the countdown) and it was filled with people... young people. Old people like us stayed in the room and shouted the countdown from the window *grins*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..those footprints of yours...GRIN