Thursday, January 12, 2006

Music Shoutout

Especially to Melissa (my old time, music sharing buddy) and Chin Hau (whose tastes in music run along the same lines as mine)
It's the time of the year for a review of our "most played" music *grins* Since we can hardly sms or chat thru MSN for our exchange of great music, I'm posting it all on my blog. Tell me what you think and pleeeeeease share with me the ones that you guys think are great but it's not in my list ok? Here's what's been rocking my speakers for the previous months/weeks(?) whatever!~
Contemporary - those with a faster beat *grins*
  • Simple Plan - Crazy, Everytime, Shut Up, Untitled, Welcome To My Life
  • Sugababes - Push The Button (they're getting kinda pop-ish.. hmm? Prefer the old them) Some of their older songs include Overload (It's so monotonous and I love this!! Haha..), Freak Like Me, Round Round, Hole In the Head
  • Pussycat Dolls (they are sooo hot!) - Don't Cha (Sue thinks that this is the ultimate bitch song *grins*), *beep*, Stickwitu
  • Ciara - Oh (feat. Ludacris), 1 2 Step (feat. Missy Elliot)
  • Lifehouse - Blind, Chapter One (thanks to CH for this recommendation!)
  • Daniel Powter - Bad Day, Song 6, Free Loop (thanks to Mel and Sue for this recommendation!)
  • Kelly Clarkson - Because of You, My Grown Up Christmas List
  • The All-American Rejects (have u seen them!? They are sooooo hot!!! hahaha) - Dirty Little Secret, Change Your Mind, The Last Song, P.S. I Love You, Kiss Yourself Goodbye, Swing Swing, Can't Take It
  • Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Going Down, Dance Dance
  • 3 Doors Down - Here By Me, Here Without You (I'm a sucker for 3 Doors Down's slow songs)
  • Garbage - Bleed Like Me, Right Between The Eyes, It's All Over But The Crying (some old ones that will live forever are like Push It, I Think I'm Paranoid, Cherry Lips, Androgyny, When I Grow Up)
  • Weezer - Beverly Hills
  • Gwen Stefani - Cool, Luxurious, Crash, Harajuku Girls, Hollaback Girl
  • Nickleback - Photograph, Someday
  • Keane - Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know
  • Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc., DARE
  • Low Millions - Eleanor, Statue
  • Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Hitchin' A Ride, Basketcase (this is the ultimate!)
  • Avril Lavigne - Why (I don't know why but I'm just attached to this one), My Happy Ending, Don't Tell Me
  • The Killers - Mr. Brightside
  • Train - Get To Me
  • Saliva - Rest In Pieces
  • Sheryl Crow - A Change, Everyday Is A Winding Road, Sweet Child o Mine (Guns n Roses cover), Hard To Make A Stand, If It Makes You Happy, All I Wanna Do

Contemporary - Gothic Rock

  • Marilyn Manson - This is the New Shit, Tainted Love, Coma White, Beautiful People, Rock is Dead (long live Matrix!), Irresponsible Hate Anthem, I Don't Like The Drugs (but The Drugs Like Me)
  • Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (this is the only good thing about the movie "Daredevil"), Everybody's Fool, Before the Dawn (OST American Beauty), Torniquet, Forgive Me, Imaginary, Anywhere, Eternal

Ballads, Oldies, those that make you soft inside & those sad soppy ones *grin*

  • LUTHER VANDROSS - BUY ME A ROSE (this song sings basically about what EVERY man out there lacks... *sigh* I'm a hopeless romantic...)
  • Babyface - Sorry for the Stupid Things (Thanks Mel for this one!)
  • Laura Allen - Slip & Slide (this song is from EONS ago! but it just makes me feel so good *grins*)
  • Mari Hamada - Hold On
  • Janet Jackson - Again (waaaaaay before her boob-exposure thingie *lol*)
  • Mariah Carey - Hero, I'll Be There, Music Box (waaaaaay before her *ahem* "born-again" days)
  • Boz Skaggs - It's Over
  • Vonda Shepard - Crying, Neighbourhood, You Belong To Me (this one's GOOD), I Know Him By Heart
  • Lisa Loeb - Stay
  • Roxette - Listen To Your Heart, It Must Have Been Love, How Do You Do, The Look, Joyride, A Thing About You, Queen of Rain, Vulnerable (this one's a classic)
  • Lionel Ritchie - Hello
  • Wham/George Michael - Last Christmas, Careless Whisper, Wake Me Up (Long Live Zoolander!!!)
  • Rod Stewart - Sometimes When We Touch
  • Surface - The First Time, Shower Me With Your Love
  • Mandy Moore - I Wanna Be With You (OST Centerstage <-- great movie!!!)
  • Skeeter Davis - Invisible Tears
  • Michael Buble - Kissing A Fool, The Way You Look Tonight, For Once In My Life, Dream A Little Dream of Me, How Can You Mend A Broken Heart (*Sobs*), Come Fly With Me
  • Roger Miller - King of The Road
  • Michael W. Smith - I Will Be Here For You

Misc Christmas Songs

  • Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Miss You Most At Christmas Time
  • N Sync - The Only Gift, I Guess It's Christmastime, Love's In Our Hearts on Christmas, Don't Wanna Spend One More Christmas Without You
  • Mud - Lonely This Christmas (this one's so sad!)
  • Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
  • S Club 7 - Perfect Christmas
  • 98 Degrees - This Gift
  • Faith Hill - Where Are You Christmas
  • Blink 182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas
  • Britney Spears - My Only Wish

Chinese Songs

  • JAY CHOU JAY CHOU JAY CHOU!!! *hysterical laughter* *ahem ahem* some songs from his new albums, namely "Lang Man Shou Ji" and "Feng". If you want me to state his songs from previous albums, here are some: Jian Dan Ai, Xing Qing, Ke Ai Nu Ren, An Jin... got a lot lah.. lazy to write :p
  • David Tao - Regular Friends (this one's soooo old! But it was good, it is good and it'll always be good! don't know the chinese name though!), Small Town Girl, Quicksand (those in English means I dunno the Chinese name ok?!), Hu Tie, Jiu Shi Ai Ni, Ai Heng Jian Dan, Tian Tian
  • Alex Toh - Wu Xin Shang Hai, Ba Ni Chang Qi Lai, Can't Stop Thinking of You, Baby Don't Go (note: all OLD songs.. new ones suck, big time!)

okok... I don't know much Chinese songs.. how about some recommendations from you guys?? Lee Hom ain't too bad. But I prefer his earlier works... the rest, I dunno liao. I'm anti groups like SHE, F4 and etc so don't bother recommending *grins* nah... go ahead and recommend, if I like it, then I like it. If I don't, then I don't :p I'm very open minded one.. haha.. ROTFL

Writing all this is making me tired *groan* If only I could import my playlist directly to your comps :) great huh? Anyways, will think of more and when I do, will upload another list :) hehe.. meanwhile, enjoy!!!

Melissa: Great to hear about the END of Corporate Finance!!! *yay* *cheers* hehe... so can we go and light a little campfire and burn the notes while we do the rain dance around it? hehe... I think you think I'm nuts.. ok.. maybe a little..

ChinHau: Hey fren! Study Hard la!! One more lousy sem and it's all over!!! Then you won't have to see the Uni anymore and start "contributing to the society" haha... GOOD LUCK for your papers!~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aahhh...a blog dedicated to music. This is so wonderful. Really long list you got there, you must have spent a lot of effort typing this out. Let me post a well-deserved reply for you then..i'll try anyway. About 80% of it I just love!
I so LOVE Lifehouse - Blind! Sorry I can't say the same for Marilyn Manson (he's kinda scary....)
If you are looking for something slow and calming, try Emi Fujita.
I notice Roxette in the list. Here's a hug for putting that in. They are fantastic, their old stuff anyway. Yup, Vulnerable is classic, man. That guy sounds so sexy singing that.
Michael Buble, try Home. That's the best to me! If I'm not wrong, he wrote it himself. Touching lyrics.
Christmas songs (I've got 2 recommendations of the same song) Chestnuts roasting on an open fire by Nsync and another version by Martina McBride. She did a really good job on this.
Talking about her, Martina McBride - In My Daughter's Eyes.
Lee Hom has got a new album out. Some of the songs are really good. Don't ask me the Chinese names. There's one that's a little fast featuring some ppl in there..a chinese rapper that sounds so much like Eminem at some point, a girl or girls singing the chorus part..awww...gooooood! And also Kiss Goodbye, that's nice too. You know, your list is great. Gimme 5!
Now here's a quickie on what's nice on my list lately:
Kenny Loggins - I Miss Us
Carrie Underwood - Whenever You Remember
Black Eyed Peas - My Humps (as much as this sounds 'geli'..it's has a cute tune)
Celine Dion - I Believe In You
Lee Hom - Forever Love
Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights
No Doubt - Don't Speak
Fort Minor - Believe Me
James Blunt - High
The Corrs - Heart Like A Wheel
Shakira - DOn't Bother
Vonda Shepard - Read Your Mind
Eva Cassidy - Time After Time
(and really lots more..i'll tell you more about it some other time)