Saturday, September 30, 2006

Still Fantasy

Hello everyone!! I have an announcement to make... *ahems*
The reason I listen to chinese music has a new album out in the market and it's called "Still Fantasy". I know this is stale news and almost everyone already knows... but bear with me ok! This is MY blog and I haven't announced it here yet!

Back to the topic at hand, I have no idea what "Still Fantasy" actually means, but his second album released years back was called "Fantasy". So naming this album "Still Fantasy" could mean that he's in the state that was in previously(?) *scratch head* errm... I doubt he'd be in the same financial state as he was previously but whatever lar. Excuse the digression.
Anyways, I'm talking about Jay Chou here if you guys haven't figured it out already (it's a no brainer, really!). The one and only JAY CHOU!~ He is really the reason behind me listening to Chinese music. It's true! If you give me lame old stuff like S.H.E. or F4 (I shudder at the thought!), you might as well just shoot me and get it over with. Of course I listen to many others, like David Tao and Lee Hom, but it's only Jay Chou the singer-mumbler-songwriter-composer that gets me grooving.

Another digression:-

Have you guys ever wondered why the music industry is churning out more and more lousy untalented artistes by the year? (I could list them all out here but I think I'd offend some narrow minded people :p .... ..... I cannot resist!! Lemme give you an example of such amoebas in the music industry today:- People who apparently cannot sing and in turn, try to learn dance moves to make up for it, hence namin
g their debut album "Body Can Sing". NO DUH! *smack forehead* I agree with Mel that this guy HAS to name the album such because if he were to name it "I Can Sing", he would be doing injustice to his minions of fans by insulting their intelligence. In short, he had to name it "Body Can Sing" because even the deaf knows that he, for the life of all the other genuine singers out there, CANNOT SING! ). These lame-o's can't sing and they can't compose the music or lyrics (apparently they get other songwriters to write them songs). Oh and I just remembered one more thing, they can't play musical instruments either! (the stupid recorder doesn't count!) Basically, all the females wear as little clothes as possible or act shu nu, fluttering their eyelashes and speak in high-pitched voices while all the males work out their bodies and grow their hair long (androgyny is back once again?) and just smile adorably at the camera.

*grab a pail and hurl*

*and hurl some more*

Oh what, what has happened to the good old days when these people are really known as singers and not artistes??? They can really sing!!! I guess the term "artiste" was coined to be fair to the more talented ones who can actually be labelled singer/songwriter/composer. I guess this is one of the main reasons I like Jay Chou. He can sing (okok.. he can mumble!), he can compose his own melodies and he can compose the lyrics. Hah! <-- ok, I don't know why I said that but it just gives me a sense of satisfaction. And he can play various types of musical instruments!! Double Hah! ;D I don't kn
ow but men with guitars, drums and pianos turn me on ;) Just imagine, would anyone listen to Hinder, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy or The All American Rejects if they did not have the abovementioned characteristics!? I mean, they're super ugly (ok, maybe not The All-American Rejects, but still!... come to think of it, the guitarist is pretty hot *grin*) fine.. other examples... Guns 'n' Roses! Pink Floyd! The Offspring! Oasis! MARILYN MANSON!!! David Tao! Jacky Cheung! (please note that Westlife did NOT make the list. They should be called NoLife, not Westlife, but then, that's just me :p and Lee Hom doesn't qualify either cos he has boyish good looks *winks* We're talking about beautifically-challenged people here. Not exactly ugly but just slightly lacking in the looks department )

Good grief.. my post about Jay's new album has been overshadowed by my ramblings. Whoopsies... Anyways, these are the list of songs in his "Still Fantasy" album:


01. Twilight's Chapter Seven (Ye De Di Qi Zhang)
02. Listen to Mama's Words (Ting Ma Ma De Hua)
03. Faraway (Qian Li Zhi Wai)
04. A Herbalist's Manual (Ben Cao Gang Mu)
05. Retreat (Tui Huo)
06. Red Imitation (Hong Mo Fang)
07. Heart's Rain (Xin Yu)
08. White Windmill (Bai Se Feng Che)
09. Rosemary (Mi Die Xiang)
10. Chrysanthemum Flower Bed (Ju Hua Tai)

Apparently, he's adopted official English song titles for this album :D *woot* (for bananas like me, Chin Aun would like to add)
I like songs no. 5, 7 and 8. It seems song no. 3 is really hot right now, but it really does nothing for me.

That's basically what I wanted to say when I first started this post and now all my words are used up and I am too tired to say anything else, except "ENJOY" and Jay Lives!! And I feel kinda sad without Chia Jiun and Aun Boey here to celebrate the event and translate the lyrics for me :( They would sing with me and teach me the actual pronunciation. Depending on Chin Aun to do the same would probably take another decade and Jay Chou would have had another 10 albums in the market already :p hee hee...

A little trivia: I can only write 3 persons name in Chinese. Mine, Chin Aun's and Jay Chou's! :D Syiok!~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

long-haired, shaggy looking guys, flashing their white teeth and flexing their muscles and the moment they open their mouth to sing...heart attack terus. even frogs can croak better! hahaha...soon yee, I don't mean your Jay Chou, he's musically talented no doubt and he doesn't smile much so impossible to see his teeth...i actually meant those F4-categorised dudes.

Anonymous said...

h@lo..soon yee..Im SoOOooO super agree with u.. kakaka...i mean all those stuff tat u say bout jay.its so true..hop my bro hd read tis post as well..haha..^.^ s.y,track 2 & 6 oso nice. *wiNK*
oh yea... im zeek's sis here.. hehe..