Friday, September 01, 2006

My Convo: Part 2

Welcome to the second installment of Soonyee's Convo Series! :D hahaha... I'm back from work early today cos it's my mom's birthday so I thought I'd blog a little before heading out for my mom's birthday dinner.
Before anything else...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!
*thunderous applause*

so... back to the topic at hand... after the convocation ceremony a few Sundays ago in the afternoon, we all had lunch at Secret Recipe (when I say "we all", I mean, me, Chin Aun, my parents, my sister and my aunty). Then we headed back home and rested a little and waited for Daniel (my bro-in-law) to come over. Then we went over to YS Studio in SS2 to take some photos (so that a photo of me in my square hat can be hung somewhere on the wall back home beside my sister's and my cousin's). After the photo taking session (which was a gift for me from my sister and Daniel *hugs* *thanks you both!*), we went over to Tai Thong Restaurant (also in SS2) for a nice family dinner (which is a 'gift' for me from my aunt).

So here are some photos of the 8-course dinner (please excuse the pics cos most of the food were tampered with before I had the chance to take any photos. It was so bad that my mom had to make everyone wait until I took the photos for the following dishes!)

Photos: The Dinner

Dish #1 - some cold dish with crabmeat and tofu...

Dish #2 - Typical Sharks' Fin Soup in every chinese course dinner

Dish #3 - Chicken
(I'm not good with words, so I have no other way of describing this dish)

Dish #4 - Steamed Fish
( I don't even know what type of fish this is; but it tastes good and I guess that's all that actually matters)

Dish #5 - Butter Prawns (now this dish is de-lish! *yum*)

Dish #6 - Vegetables with Garlic

Dish #7 - Fried Rice

There's actually is a dish #8 which was the dessert but the waitress was so quick in scooping it into our little bowls that I had no chance, whatsoever to take any photos :(


Ahh... graduation and convocation would of course, not be complete without flowers, gifts and ang pows *wide grin* I refrained from taking photographs of the ang pows because my mom won't let me do it it doesn't seem right to be posting photos of moolah on my blog. So here are the flowers that made an appearance on my day :D

Photos: Pressies and such

My Sunflowers and Daisies (from my parents, aunty and Chin Aun :D I actually wanted photos of these two bouquets separately but the photo didn't turn out very nice)


My Lilies!!! I love them~! :) From my beebs of course...


My sister and Daniel's bouquet for me - Mix of Sunflowers, Lilies and Lavender


And here I am in the midst of my flowery madness... Whoopdeedooo....


MY GIFTS!! :D
A huge Pooh beanie from Chin Aun's siblings, a hippo that looks like a cow with a red patch, a teddybear in a bag and a flower-power keychain... all from my darling beebs :)


Other Random Photos:

Taken with my sister and Daniel at Tai Thong


Family Photo :)
(why does my mom always look so fierce in photos??? *scratch head*)

And finally, what better way to end a post than with random photos taken on that day, the 13th of August 2006. The day that marked the end of my life as a student and I venture, naive and wary, into the working world, a world where only cunning underhanded parasites survive to emerge as corporate scums of the earth...

OH BULLOCKS! I'm just BS-ing... But I like the sound of that anyway! haha...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"cunning underhanded parasites survive to emerge as corporate scums of the earth"
When I read this, I keep thinking.... Men In Black