Friday, September 08, 2006

**********
There's a secret path I follow
To a place no one can find
Where I meet my perfect someone
I've kept hidden in my mind
Where my heart makes my decisions
'Till my dream becomes a vision
And the love I feel
Makes him real someday

Cause I know he's out there somewhere
Just beyond my reach
Though I've never really touched him
Or ever heard him speak
Though we've never been together
We've never been apart
No we've never met
Haven't found him yet
But I know him by heart

**********
[Vonda Shepard - I Know Him By Heart]

I love the songs that Vonda Shepard sings on Ally McBeal. To date, my favourites are "You Belong To Me" and "Neighbourhood". I like this song too... "I Know Him By Heart". All you Ally McBeal followers would know this song well... it's so obvious that this song paints everything that Ally is and ever could be in that movie. How she's loved Billy from when they were kids and how she's grown to love him more throughout the years they were together. And one day good old Billy just leaves her and marries Georgia. After a couple of years, Ally thinks she's over him, but in the depth of her heart, her soul still pines away for him, comparing all the other men she gets involved with with Billy and how they can never compare to him...

I like this song... especially if I am in a melancholic romantic mood... I guess it all depends on how you look at it. After all these years, I am still divided in my opinion about this particular song. Sometimes, I feel for her, I really do. Especially when I'm feeling melancholic.

But most of the times, like right now, I just can't push the thought that this poor deluded soul is so out of touch with the real world... I mean, hello!!! wtf(!) how can you be in love with someone you haven't even met!? Someone you conjured up in your mind?! Being in love with a person means accepting that one person, for the good and for the lesser, and it's not about comparing him with that perfect-little-someone-in-your-head to see if the characteristics fit!

*smacks forehead*

maybe I'm sleepy today.... Maybe I'm just too tired after a full working week with another half day tomorrow. I loved watching Ally McBeal, I still do! Honest! I cried when Billy died and I cried in many other episodes, but, now, today, at 12:18am, I just think that Ally is a neurotic, deluded soul who brings all those ill-fated love affairs on herself.

Or maybe she isn't and I'm just being a grump cos I gotta work tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well..Ally is..a little nuts.
Anyway, another song by Vonda Shepard is Read Your Mind. I really loved that.

Anonymous said...

ally mcbeal is a good show..i still remember myself crying over it on the show finale..and since u are speaking on ally n billy..ahha i think anohter couple worth mentioning is richard n ling..i like them! :)


-scwar-