Sunday, September 10, 2006

Book Fest!

I've been shopping for books! :D if there's anything more satisfying than shopping for clothes and shoes, it's definitely shopping for books.

I stepped into Kinokuniya and I thought, "this is my kinda heaven!" *drools* books, books, and more books, occupying every corner of the room! I immersed myself with browsing and totally lost all track of time and space - just detaching myself from Chin Aun and my parents.

I'll never understand why people don't like to read. I mean, what's there NOT to like about reading?! *scratch head* that fact it's even more difficult to digest than programming! Take Chin Aun for instance, I just don't get why he has no interest in books at all! Sure, he reads stuff like the boring old cliched "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" *yawn* and other similar books (which I might add, I wouldn't read), but you will never catch him with his nose in interesting books like "Angels and Demons" and "Blood Canticle". At these times, I really need Mel here with me so that we can knock each other out with our stories on books we read. Without Mel here, I also have no one to show my two nice new bookshelves bought especially to display my collection of books *hmmph* It's kinda like singing to a deaf audience *double hmmph*

Anyways, here are some of the books I bought this month :D

Nicholas Sparks - A Walk To Remember

** I bought this from "Pay Less Books" :D for only RM21!! What a steal!~ I've read this book before, when I was still in Uni and I've watched the movie numerous times. Nicholas Sparks is really expressive and you'll learn more reading the book than watching the movie.







Sidney Sheldon - Are You Afraid of the Dark

** I've finished reading this already... Very typical Sidney Sheldon book... It's an interesting read, but I wouldn't say it was out of this world. Until today, Mr. Sheldon here has yet to write one that is as good as his earlier work "If Tomorrow Comes".






Judith McNauaght - Every Breath You Take

** I love her works! :D This is the one I'm currently reading now. Judith McNaught writes romance novels but her writing style is not like those typical romance novels where the hero is a muscled hunk and the heroine is some damsel in distress! I'm so proud to say I've read ALL her books! haha... and my favourite would probably be "Paradise". This book and her previous one "Someone to Watch Over Me" has some elements of a thriller too, much unlike her earlier works like "Almost Heaven" and etc.



1. Cecelia Ahern - Where Rainbows End
2. Cecelia Ahern - P.S. I Love You

** Now this... I never expected these books to be this good. Especially "Where Raindows End". I mean, I really cried reading it! I'd recommend all those who love books to read this :)






Sophie Kinsella - The Undomestic Goddess

** I've read her entire Shopaholic Series (during my study week *hangs head in shame* - which would explain my results *sigh*) and her other book "Can You Keep A Secret?", but I have yet to read this. All are classified as Chic Lit, so it's basically easy reading! I'm hoping that this one would be just as good .





1. Marian Keyes - The Other Side of the Story
2. Marian Keyes - Sushi For Beginners
3. Marian Keyes - Last Chance Saloon

** haha... MORE CHIC LIT!! Easy reading and happy endings... I've yet to read these... Haven't read any of her works before, so hope they'll be good.



1. CSI - Killing Game
2. CSI Miami - Cult Following
3. CSI Miami - Riptide

** CSI Movie Tie-Ins! :D I love the series and I love the books as well. I've read all other titles preceeding these and these are the newest in the market. There are 2 more I haven't bought, "CSI NY - Dead of Winter", and "CSI NY -Bloody Murder". Anyone care to get it for me? :D

And... a book that I didn't buy myself... but was a gift from Chin Aun :) hehehe... He may not read much, but at least he knows I like to read and he got me a pretty good book too! :D

Lauren Weisberger - Everyone Worth Knowing

** the author of "The Devil Wears Prada"! I've been dying to read that book but I thought I'd wait until I see the movie. Save myself the disappointment if the movie doesn't match up to the book. But this book is not bad :) Quite a nice read, happy endings and all. Another Chic Lit :p




So, that about sums up my salary for last month and this month. I actually wanted to get a travel guide to Southern California and Korea but ended up buying all these instead! *whoops* looks like I'll be getting my information on what's good in Anaheim and Incheon from the Internet. At least I know I won't be bored for the rest of this month with all the books I have! :) I have found another reason why I need more money... I need more books! And it doesn't matter that Chin Aun has started refering to me as "the bookworm" ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!! Kinokuniya is the place to be if u wanna look for books!! heck, they're so professional that when I couldn't find the book I wanted, they ACTUALLY ordered it for me and it ACTUALLY came and they ACTUALLY called me up to tell me it has arrived...i'm impressed! I went MPH, the dude tell me if I want the book I need to pay some deposit. Zzzz...btw, I read all 4 Dan Brown's books...well, that time got promotion and Da Vinci was such a big thing so I decided to buy all and see what the fuss was all about. Now i'm into this fantasy book by R.A. Salvatore

Anonymous said...

dun worry dear..u still have me to admire your new bookshelves (wait till i visit u..hope that it'll be sometime soon..lol) and your passion for reading..hehe..and from your fren's comment on R.A Salvatore..i do recommend his dark elf trilogy..it's awesome! u shud try it dear! i have the set..can lend it to u if a want.. :)

-scwar-

Anonymous said...

Omigosh...that is one heck of a book lover's shopping dream! I got Everybody Worth Knowing too but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Boooo....