Friday, March 24, 2006

Actual Acknowledgement

I've completed my FYP!!! DONE!! FINITO!!! *hysterical laughter* ..... *ahem* *ahem*.... anyways... I'm just so glad that it is over! Phew! *wipe sweat from brow* goodness knows what my grade will be.. as long as get higher than B- then should be enough lar.. but then, if everyone prays hard enough and I, by some bizzare cosmic phenomenon, get an A or A-, I'm going to be generous and treat you all to some nice food :D hahaha...

Anyways, in my FYP report, I am required to write an "Acknowledgement" section whereby I'm suppose to declare my eternal gratitude to whoever helped me in the course of completing my project and this was what I wrote (right down to the exact full-stop):

*************************************

"I would like to express my appreciation and gratitude to the following people who have guided me and have contributed, in their own ways, to the successful completion of my project.

Firstly, I would like express my sincerest appreciation to project supervisor, Miss Yeoh Kar Peng for her kind consideration of taking me under her wing and giving me the necessary guidance and advice in the successful completion of this project. I would also like to thank my initial project supervisor, Mr. Cheah Keat Ming for his help with the insight on my research topic.

Next, I would like to express my gratitude to Mr. Seah Chin Aun for his priceless support and guidance when I needed it the most. Also to Miss Melissa Lim and Mr. Ding Teng Yee for their guidance, support, invaluable information and insight as well as their effort in helping me to find out more in-depth information about my research topic and for distributing my questionnaires.

I would also like to thank my fellow classmates, Miss Ng Aun Boey, Miss See Chia Jiun, Miss Kareen Lee, Miss Wai Sue Leng, Mr. Ong Theng Soon, Mr. Lim Kai Feong and Mr. Ooi Jin Chun for their selfless sharing of information and exchange of opinions.

Lastly, I would like to thank my parents for every aspect of support and love that they have given to me that enbled me to successfully complete my project. "
*************************************
When in actual fact, what I would have written would be this (refer to the following text) but it wasn't high in professionalism, so I had to settle for less...
Adding to that, Chin Aun kept saying that my "acknowledgement" is not sincere and that his name should be in bold and etc etc... hehe...
*************************************

"I would like to express infinite gratitude and approbation to the following who have contributed, in their own ways, to the completion of my project:

Mr. Seah Chin Aun - firstly, in the sleepless nights when he helped me with my Business Analysis. On the side, thanks for cooking dinner when we had no time to go out to eat, for finding all the information and highlighting the important parts, for letting me vent my frustration on you (whether it was vocal or physical *hang head in shame*) for the promises of reward (oh shopping, oh sushi!) on the condition that I really out my heart into my work and finally... for the incessant nagging that actually worked!! *muuuaaaaaksies* love you to bits!

Ms. Melissa Lim - firstly for believing in me and for texting me on separate occassions to check on my progress and to encourage me *hugs* (you'll never know how much that means to me... ) and for being "on-call" to supply information and lastly, in helping me distribute the questionnaires :D gawd... thank you and I love you so much!!

Mr. Ding Teng Yee - for being the middle person between me and Mel when her credit ran dry.. and for helping with the questionnaires and for the supply of information! ;)

My Mom - for calling me non-stop and telling me that it's not a big deal if I don't do well. "It's just a a grade! Who cares about grades?!" you say... And that the most important thing is that I get enough sleep and not be bothered as long as I can hand it in on time and pass. Gawd!! Thanks so much for making me feel so good and never putting the pressure on me to perform *teary eyed* (hearing her say that makes me wanna cry!) I love my mommy!!!

My Dad - for sending me the weirdest messages, telling me the funniest things, at the oddest times to take my mind off the pending deadline!

My Mom, Dad & Aunt - for my baby, my satellite. Because I don't think I would have managed to get so much done without it! And I think it is the best reward even before I have completed my FYP! haha...

Ms. Ng Aun Boey, Ms. See Chia Jiun & Ms. Kareen Lee - for believing in me :D and for henpecking me to work on my report. And for transportation when I ddn't have the car.. *hugs*

Ms. Wai Sue Leng - for opening her house and heart to me... especially since my stupid internet connection has gone screwy...

Mr. Victor Ong, Mr. Lim Kai Feong & Mr. Ooi Jin Chun - for all the encouragement! and for all the crossed fingers as well as the non-stop reminders and nagging! Oh... and for the sharing of information... hee hee...

Mr. Khor Chin Hau - who expressed genuine concern at my lack of progress and actually offered me his final year project... "just-in-case" *winks*

Mr. Zeeks Mah - for giving me something to look forward to in his promise to take me and my bie to "BamBu Bali" (huh?! *scratch head*) *ahem* I'm ready to go!!! Zeeks!! Time to show yourself!!

Finally, to The Calling, Gwen Stefani, Jay Chou, Jason Mraz, The All-American Rejects, All Saints, Fall Out Boy, David Tao, Toni Braxton, James Blunt and the rest of the music industry for keeping me sane, especially in the middle of the night! Hahaha... Music Rocks! and will live on after we are all gone...

*************************************

I wonder what would happen if I handed in this version of my acknowledgement???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll give you props for acknowledging the music industry! (Btw...where's william hung????)

Anyway, glad it's finally over for you.

Anonymous said...

alah...bukanya grand sangat..!!ahhaha

Anonymous said...

hi soon.. glad ur FYP is all done now. but how can u put zeeks at the end?? u know he pray for you every nite before he go to sleep hoping that ur sane after all this torture?? god answered his prayers so i think u'll have to shift his name AT LEAST after your ah bieeee.... hahahahaha.....
u know who i am, dontcha??

Anonymous said...

now now...let's not get carried away here...u should be thankful ur name's even mentioned!! besides, if she "upgrades" ur name, then i'll be last!! ahahahahha...

anyway, thanks for mentioning me here..ahahha :p