Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day 2006

It's that lovey-dovey, weak-in-the-knees time of the year again...
*ahem*
But the preparation for V-Day started waaay before that..

A Week Ago - My Room
Chin Aun and I were just mucking around at home during the weekend and so, being the thick-skinned person that I am, the following conversation took place:
SY : Bie ar...
CA : Hmmm???
SY : *face lighting up* I know what I want for Valentine's Day
CA : Uh... *guard goes up* what?
SY : I am magnanimous, I give you two options...
CA : Uh oh... *guard goes even higher up*
At this point, he gave me a wary look... I ignored him.
CA : Ok.. let's hear it
SY : First option, you can go and pierce your ear for me!!~ *stupid grin on my face*
CA : Let's hear option number 2
SY : tsk... you can give me money to get my tattoo done and then lend me your arm to bite on when I am getting it done
*silence*
SY : Well!?!?!?
CA : Wah... so late liao. Let's go eat dinner and we'll discuss this later

*dinner at SS2 and we decided to take a walk around SS2 to walk off our meal. Then I told him that I want to go to the optical shops there to check out some shades and colored contacts*

CA : You really want colored contacts ar?
SY : Yups! *nodding my head for emphasis*
CA : Why?? You don't even wear glasses!!
SY : Why not?! I syok lar...
CA : Oklor... let's go check out the prices and stuff...

*so we went... to a few shops and finally at one certain shop, there's this nice guy (Mr. Yeow, I think that's his name anyway) who even let me try on all the different colors available and taught me how to wear it and take it off. At this point, Chin Aun was also getting pretty into it already*

CA : So you want ar? Want then mar buy lor...
SY : Let me think first leh...
CA : Aiyah... just take it lar. Since we're here and you've already tried it on and everything
SY : Want ar? Abo we go other place check out price also lar??
CA : Just take it lar...

*He took 2 boxes (different colors) and paid for them*

SY : Later go back only I pay you back okie?
CA : No need lar... I buy for you
SY : Dowan lah! I pay you back
CA : Never mind lar. As long as you like it. Do you like it?
SY : Of course I do...
CA : Then I buy for you. Happy Valentine's Day!!~
SA : Thank Yo.... Whaaaaa??????

*scream*

I've been CHEATED!!!! Argh!!! No piercings. No tattoos!!! Grrrr.... Cheated cheated cheated!! How could I have been so dumb?!
Note: following photo kinda freaky looking...

But I really do love them :p hehehe... I'm so pleased with them so I'm gonna let the subject drop until May or June (my b'day!!) comes.. heh heh... he's not getting off that easy...

*********************************************

Saturday (the day before the 15th Day of CNY) - DAY
Meeting with Zeeks! He's supposed to accompany me to go buy ChinAun's present and I'm supposed to accompany him to look for the Puteri Gunung Ledang Musical tickets.
Note: explicit content

*calling me one the phone at 12:45pm*
Zeeks: Oi! Can you please bring your royal self down here?? I'm downstairs already!
Me : Okok! Sheesh

*in the car*
Me : Damn you lar... Make me rush and now my mascara's all clumpy
Zeeks : *gives me a condescending look* Fren... today is Thaipusam. Looking at your clothes and that dot on your forehead, I think you know it too. Thaipusam is a pure and holy day. *his voice taking on a boring drone* A day to love and cherish and appreciate the people around you. Therefore, on this pure and holy day, we shall not curse each other
Me : *snorts* Fine... see if you can tahan!
Zeeks : I'm glad we've reached an understanding. So where the hell are the stuff I asked you to print out for me?!

*bengang!!!* ---> look who's cursing now...

then he proceeded to curse the people and organization selling the Puteri Gunung Ledang tickets cos it seems that he's been trying to reach them for the past few days, to no avail.
So anyways, we went to Lot10 cos it seems that the tickets are also for sale at the customer service counter there. But when we reached, we found out that the tickets ARE NOT available there as well!! hohoho...
Then since we were hungry, we ate at DeliFrance... courtesy of him! hahahaha... (forcibly, I might add) but I did pay for the loaf of bread that he ordered in the end!!!
Anyways... he couldn't get the tickets and he was taking out all his anger and frustration on me with statements like:

"Cis.. smsing me at the unearthly hour of 8:30am! I knew it wasn't good! And now I gotta spend my entire saturday with you"

"Because of you we have to go Lot10 and now have to go back MidValley!!! All because of you!!!!" <--- I assure everyone who's reading this that it was HIS idea to go Lot10!
I couldn't be bothered and just continued ignoring him. Well, if you've known him for as long as I have, you'll master the skill of selective hearing too :p
Then I made him help me look for new mascara. And we were choosing and choosing and choosing... Fiber? Volume? Extensible? Waterproof? He was getting frustrated! and he continues shooting me...
"Shit lar you.. Why so damn 'ai sui' one???"

Anyways, after that, we went to Midvalley to look for ChinAun's present and we found the perfect gift for him!! Of course, along the way, I had to drag Zeeks to numerous shops selling time pieces and he had to try on dozens so that I can see which really looks good and etc. He also had to try on some "masculine" fragrances to see if there's any that ChinAun would like. Although I was really thankful and appreciative (Zeeks, if you are reading this, I give you permission to puke), he still kept hurling statements (refer to the following) at me:

"You! Make me 'gian' only.. damn lar. Me me try this and that and now I also want to buy! And nothing from you at all!! Not even a tiny token of appreciation... bla bla bla..."

"Show some appreciation!! Show how grateful you are for my help! Buy me something!!!"
*I was in still selective hearing mode*

As we were leaving MidValley... we came across the magic words:

"FURTHER MARKDOWN"
in ZARA!!! *drools*
So we made a little detour and we browsed in there. Clothes! Clothes! and more Clothes!! He went his way and I went mine :p and after 20mins of browsing, we met up again and he cursed me again!

"You lah! Go Zara for what!? And now I saw a few more tops that I like and want to buy"
Whaaaaaaaaa? Salah saya lagi-ke?? hahahaha...
Actually I saw a couple pair of jeans that I liked too... but cannot!!! Financial constraints!
Of course, there is more to us meeting up than just letting him curse me. I was an active participant too *lols* Our conversations are ALWAYS interesting...

-Interesting conversation 1-
Zeeks : You know... after uni/graduation.. most of the girls are already attached
Me : Yea?? Like who??
Zeeks : Take for example.. XXX (some girl from Form 6). She's got a bf already. But her bf also sama jenis like her lar...
Me : And.... ?
Zeeks : but leh... there are still a few that hasn't found a good catch. Girls and guys different lar. Guys can afford to settle down late. Girls cannot...
*his 'aunty' behaviour is slowly surfacing...*
Me : uh huh... and...?
Zeeks : Take EEE and FFF for example, they are still single and GGG too... Y'see, actually, GGG is pretty cool and she's really fun to be with and all that but...
Me : But what??
Zeeks : She needs to beautify herself a little
Me : And... your point is...????
Zeeks : Therefore SoonYee, physical beauty is IMPORTANT!!!
*faint*
Zeeks : You think if a guy tells you that he doesn't mind if you are ugly or etc, he's telling the truth!? He's bullshitting lar! How also must be at least a little bit outwardly appealing!!
Me : What are you trying to tell me??
Zeeks : LOOKS ARE IMPORTANT!!!! and I think ChinAun is blind...
Me : @%&#&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;(*&#$%&^%*

-Interesting conversation 2-
Zeeks : What you are doing to me is really unfair..
Me : What am I doing to you???
Zeeks : You're making me spend my Saturday with you when I should be out with some hot girl!!
Me : I very 'sat lai' you issit???
Zeeks : You're ruining my chances! What if some chick notices me and thinks I'm with you???? I'm gonna call you 'aunty' or 'mommy' so people won't misunderstand... ok? mummy!
Me : Screw you
Zeeks : aunty!! What you want to buy??
Me : Shut the *&%# up
Zeeks : Mommy, wanna buy this?
Me : I'm going to do something that will make sure that no one will ever misunderstand... ok?
Zeeks : OK!!!
*showed him 2 fingers - one from each hand... no guessing which finger eh?*

Photos of Zeeks the "hottie" (or so he claims...)

"hey, make sure take a more 'yeng' photo ok?? Delete the other ones!! Don't look nice lar!! Not 'yeng' ones don't put it up in your blog!!" - Poser!!

"Damn worth it! RM4 can last me the whole day lar!! DeliFrance bread's the best!!!" - Cheapskate!!

Then he showed me his Gucci wallet which he purchased almost two years ago at the insane price of RM550...

see the red circles??? Inside those circles, there are two rectangle-shaped holes and there used to be a strand of elastic-thingie in the Gucci colors of red and green there. It's used to wrap around the wallet by dear-old-Zeeks cut if off cos it was losing elasticity!! The reason why he's even showing it to me is because (I quote him) "shit lar.. cut off already only I realize that it doesn't look like a Gucci anymore. I need a new wallet!!!"
So that's Zeeks... my buddy for 9 long years. Although he's insane and he likes to insult me, but I guess that's what makes our frienship so interesting. Ironically, he's the best male-buddy that I've ever had! Haha... Hey ZEEK!! I KNOW you're reading this :p I know you sure terharu.. Cry lah! Or get me a RM500 voucher from Esprit :p

*********************************************

Saturday (the day before the 15th Day of CNY) - NIGHT
It's 12:00am!! "Chap Goh Meh"!!! Eastern Valentine!~
The night where nubile young single girls toss oranges into the sea/river/lake with hopes of an eligible bachelor of commendable standards would chance upon the orange thrown and they'll fall in love and live happily ever after....
Reality check: The only eligible bachelors who'll fish the oranges from the water would be either fishermen or those in charge of cleaning the water.
Therefore, I suggest that these ladies go throw the oranges at some expensive houses/apartments or some uptown office lots.

Chia Jiun and Steven took both me and Aun Boey to "Thean Hou Gong" to check out the lights and because they wanted to offer some prayers. The place was packed!!! We parked at the foot of the hill and walked up!! WALKED!! I conquered the slope in my HEELS!! Wahlau...

*********************************************

14th Feb =)

Lookie my balloon!!! :) hehehe... Isn't it huge?!
he surpised me with this huge balloon when he came to pick me up

he bought this for me because he says that lately I have been under too much stress.. *teary eyed* The one on the left is the Body Shop African Spa Body Scrub and the one on the right is a bottle of Body Shop Massage Oil. The little spaceship shaped thingie is a palm massager for when I have to type and write too much *sniff sniff* Make me so terharu... Thank you so much bie *muuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaks* Love you so so much...

Then he brought me to 1-U, supposed to have dinner at Italiannies but it was so packed!!! And the next available table is at 9pm so I told him that I could settle for McD's (i'm lovin it! haha) but he says we'll go either to Dome or Secret Recipe. In the end, we went to Secret Recipe and had quite a filling meal there. There wasn't enough tables there either but there was this couple who was nice enough to move in and gave one of their tables to us :) so sweet ya? bless them..

I love him and I love Starbucks' Raspberry Frappucino!

Posing with my balloon and a heart shaped candy courtesy of the barista at Starbucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it!!! I knew it!!! Ur going to tell the whole world about what happened... our outing the other day is suppose to be a secret!! P&C! hahaha... and now u even put in the conversation... fuiyo!!! my ever good quality, personality and charm is gone now. how??? how??? nevertheless, it was nicely written. U forgot the other highlight the other day. MR WONG from the watch shop dat keeps nagging u to buy which makes my head nearly EXPLODE!damn he can talk!

Nurul Izzati Izzie said...

cute pics =)