Sunday, July 31, 2005

Chillin' at Chilis~


Chin Aun just got his first paycheck a couple of days ago and he decided to take me to Chili's Grill and Bar at 1-Utama to celebrate. So two days ago, he printed out the menu from the Chili's Website and told me to make up my mind about what to eat (in order to facilitate the food ordering process it seems *ahem* I think he's trying to imply that I am slow...) We actually planned to go on Saturday but we promised Jiun that we would accompany her to KLIA to pick Steven up cos it's such a long journey there... and it's awful if she had to go alone... So, today finally came and we were all geared up to go to 1-Utama. The parking was terrible, there were hardly any available bays but luckily, we managed to find one only after 15 minutes of driving around.



At Chili's, we got a table for two and we looked through the menu. Even though I had a printout of the menu at home, the ordering process was still kinda slow... because I think I'm kinda slow *grin* Hehe... Anyways, I ordered the Flame Grilled Ribeye that was served with vegetables, mashed potatoes and a slice of garlic toast as my main course while Chin Aun ordered BBQ Beef Ribs & Chicken for his. His choice consists of double breasted beef ribs and Monterey chicken breast served with rice, corn on the cob and black beans.



Then he ordered Chili's Triple Play for starters and a cup of Chili's Soup of the Day. Triple Play is actually a fusion of 3 of Chilis most popular starters: Chicken Crispies, Boneless Buffalo Wings and Southwestern Eggrolls served with bleu cheese, avocado-ranch and honey mustard dips and celery sticks. I warned him that we probably wouldn't be able to finish it but he believed that we could...

For drinks, he ordered a smoothie while I ordered a glass of sky juice. Then he persuaded me to order something special and finally I caved in and ordered Mandarin Blush; a concoction of Absolut Mandarin Vodka, Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail and Sprite.
When we finished eating (or did we finish??) we were so full that we could hardly move. We had to walk a few times around the mall before we could get back into the car to go home *phew*
It was a meal to remember =) The food was heavenly, the service was great and the atmosphere was very cozy. I would definitely go back there if I have another chance.
Thanks Bie, for the great meal~! *muuaaks* Cheers~!





No comments: