Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Travelogue : Trip to US-Korea 2006 (Part 3)

i know that this post is loooooooong looooooooooong overdue ... but hey! at least I am making effort right??? ;))
I stayed in Anaheim Hills (which is in Orange County) where one of my cousins is (the rest are scattered all over) because she's getting married :)
this was where I stayed when I was in Anaheim
I was supposed to head over to San Francisco to see the Golden Gate .... BUT ..... I didn't (due to time constraints). If we went down to SF, we probably couldn't make it back in time for my cousin's wedding in Riverside.



So it's "bye-bye" to SF and "hello" to ...

San Diego
:D

The San Diego Aerospace Museum




The Hotel del Coronado *dreamy smile*



Mom and I taking a shot at the dreamy haven of a hotel
Mom was like "all right, all right, enough with the photos! I'm hungry!" See the pained expression on her face??? Hmmph..
This ship was apparently used in some movie or another -- I was told when I was there but I have forgotten...
This was where we had our yummylicious lunch! :D
A flower made from a stalk of leaf
There was this man sitting by the side of the restaurant making miscellaneous shapes from leaves and he gave this to me...
After we left San Diego's Maritime Museum and Anthony's, we proceeded to San Diego Old Town where we got a glimpse of what San Diego was like back in the olden days:
The buildings there are all single storey and the base used for building is MUD! can you imagine that!? It will corrode with time (the rain and wind)...
Also, it seems that most these buildings are authentic! They were specially 'lifted' from their original location and flown and deposited here to create "San Diego Old Town"


O.o Amazing, ain't it?

My last glimpse of San Diego Old Town before I headed back to Orange County...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did a certain Mr.Johnny Depp use that ship??? *just trying my luck* I guess not, or else it will be impossible for you to forget... :)