Sunday, July 30, 2006

My New Phone

I've finally gotten a new mobile... It's not like I have gotten over the loss of my precious E530 yet but I guess in the world today, mobile phones are considered necessities. It was barely 4 years back when a cellular phone was an indulgence...
Excuse the digression..

It's just that when you lose something you really love, you tend to remisnisce a lot.
Back to the topic at hand *ahems*

I just bought a brand new phone on Wednesday. Another Samsung model, naturally. Once you go Samsung, you never turn back (okok... maybe for my case only). I got the E900. Check out the photo below:


That's basically how it looks like. Like this black thingie... from far, looks like a tiny shiny black brick. And when I am dressed entirely in black, it justs blends in and no one would probably notice it. I actually wanted a clamshell but looks like there are no other clamshell models that live up to the standards of my E530.

Some functions of my new phone, the E900:
- touch pad navigation
- external SD memory slot
- 2.0MP integrated camera with flash
- photo editing
- document viewer
- video wallpaper
- random changing wallpaper
- mobile printing
- TV Out <--- goodness knows why I need this
- I got a bluetooth headset and an SD memory card bundled together for free too :) (thanks to Chin Aun who spent almost an hour chatting with the boss, who then decided to give the memory card to us!)

Generally, it has pretty good functions, in fact, real good functions, I'll admit that. Way better than my previous phone. And the sliding mechanism is really smooth. The exterior is rather sleek, comes across as somewhat masculine (the direct opposite of my E530). The color is alright I guess.. my first choice was something pink or lavender but limited choices out there. The 262K TFT color display is resplendent and the size is just right - it fits just right in my palms.

The camera is way clearer than my E530, being a 2.0MP and all. Even my digicam's only a 3.2MP (I know, I know... outdated ade!!). BUT... I have a hard time taking photos of myself *darn it*!! With my old phone, I can always see myself (real-time, and all!) on the external display (so can pose mah!).. this one, I have to look into a tiny square silver box on the back of the camera. That's one of the biggest disappointments, I guess. I'm just so used to seeing my own reflection in the tiny external display on my old phone that this one just isn't satisfying enough. Will just have to make do and get used to it. Here's a random photo I took (Ah Keong took the photo, to be precise) with the E900.


Much clearer than th photos taken with my E530 right? I can even select which mode I want the photos to be taken in, Black and White, Incandescent, etc. All in all... I'll give it a rating of 8.5/10... It is after all, a very good phone.

I guess no matter how good it is, it's just not my E530.