Friday, May 02, 2008

Mobile Headache

Remember my shiny black brick of a phone? The one that I bought almost two years ago to replace my funky pink clamshell phone that was stolen from right under my eye??
I think that shiny black brick is paying me back for all those times that I complained that it's not the phone of my choice.. damnit! It hangs every time I try to text anyone! *pulls hair*
After mulling over it a while, I figured I might as well get a new phone since the not-so-shiny black brick is giving me such a headache and I've decided to get a Sony Ericsson this time. Never owned one before, so I thought it'd be cool to sway that way for once. Just so you know, my first choice was the iPhone but Chin Aun thinks that the iPhone is too fragile for someone like me. Besides, the camera is only 2.0MP and I was hoping to get something with a higher resolution... Anyway, after thinking about it for a day or so, I've boiled it all down to 2 choices: K810i and K770i

THE K810i

K770i

I liked the functions of the K810i more than the K770i because it was equipped with a genuine Xenon flash that is used in actual cameras. But then the physical attributes of the K770i is more appealing - it being slimmer and more brushed metal than the squarish and macho looking K810i :p and knowing me, since aesthetics would bear more weight than the Xenon flash, I made up my mind to go for the latter.

I went to Digital Mall with Chin Aun to ask around for the price range and to try out the actual handset. I found out then that it was available in 5 different colours - Truffle Brown, Sandy Beige, Ultra Violet, Henna Bronze and Soft Black. When I was viewing the phones on the Internet, my first choice was Truffle Brown, followed by Ultra Violet and finally Soft Black. To me, Sandy Beige looked more like Rotten Milk and Henna Bronze looked like Orange-Gone-Horribly-Wrong.

But when I saw the actual handsets, Truffle Brown dropped down from the list to No. 3 to be replaced by Soft Black and then Ultra Violet.

I waited until I was back in Penang to make the purchase with hopes that I would get a better deal here. AND I DID *beams* got a free set of speakers and an upgrade to a 2Gig memory card!! But the only catch was that the shop did not have Soft Black. I immediately went for Ultra Violet ;) I was having doubts about getting another black phone... it's so uncharacteristic of me to once again own a phone that is so understated in color. The purple was really striking and I guess if I don't put it close to anything Green, it won't remind me of stupid Barney.

So here's my new phone which I am still getting used to:




Referring to my last post - the quickie post... Yeah, I lost all my contacts so I hope you guys and girls would be darling enough to text me so that I can get back to 'rebuilding' my address book.


Oh yeah, one more thing... just an example of great minds thinking alike *ahems* Zeeks also just bought a new phone. I think it was yesterday :) he got a Sony Ericsson W660i ;) hehe.. ENJOY your phone dude!~

(ps - just so you know, iPhone is still number one in my heart...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...I guess you cannot wear Green colour clothing anymore or else you'll get the Barney effect!

Cool phone~!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE 3G! Video calls and stuffs... Lets do it again some other time!

I;m indeed ZeekNotGeek!