Thursday, April 24, 2008

More "You Belong To Me..."

I know that I posted something about this several years ago when I was in my uni days and I was watching reruns of Ally McBeal. Despite it being a nice song, I didn't think much of writing anything else that would even remotely be associated with this.

Until I found a Jason Wade mp3 :D
Jason Who!? Jason Wade = Lifehouse! :D (If you don't know Lifehouse, don't bother to read the rest of this post *hmmph*)

*ahems*
(give Melissa the EVIL EYE... "I KNOW what you are thinking!!! *continue to glare at you accusingly* You think that I'm only blogging about this because he's good looking, but I am perfectly capable of blogging about other things too! *phwek*)

Yes, Jason Wade is indeed quite good looking - especially when the haircut is right. Maybe not "quite" but "very" but it's just wordplay. Alex Band is waaaaaaaay hotter, in my books anyway. But what is most captivating about him is his distinctive voice. Coarse and deep.. Somewhat similar to Alex Band! hahahaha...

Okok... Back to the topic at hand. I've always loved the song "You Belong To Me", especially when I heard Vonda Shepard's version of it on Ally McBeal. But when I found Jason Wade's version, it shed a totally new light on the song! The song's been stripped bare of its frills and was performed acoustic *dreamy eyed*

I'm such a sap for ballads...

I couldn't find the video of it on YouTube but I found a cover version performed by someone else and it was good too *grins* Gawd... guitars are so hot *winks*
I've always said that I would learn how to play the guitar one day and I've decided that when that day comes, this is the first song that I'll learn to play :D


Don't know who this guy is but I like his version too :)


This song was also performed on the 6th Season of American Idol by a man called Sherman Pore. I saw it when it aired on TV but I didn't realize that it would be on YouTube too :) hehe... (thanks to Wikipedia, now I know~). I was moved to tears by his performance and the reason behind his stint *sobs*

Yeah yeah yeah. I've admitted it already, I AM A SAP! So???

This is the clip from American Idol :) Please prepare a piece of tissue to dab at your tears...

So sad right??? *SOBS*

I think I'm getting sappier with age *sighs*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard the Vonda Shepard version. I should go find it.

Soon Yee said...

ask n it's yours ;) go check ur email my dear...