Thursday, February 21, 2008

On The Run

I know that this is very outdated but if I don't blog about this, I feel that I have committed the ultimate sin against music. Besides, I can't sleep and I don't know what else to do.

Jay Chou has got a new album!! It's called "On The Run" and I don't know what it means and what it reads in Chinese. It's his 8th album and he's still as good at it as ever ;) (I'm biased, I know. What's important is that I'm honest enough to acknowledge it)

I mean, I love Jay Chou's music and I think he's awesome! And I love his music and the way he mumbles his way through the lyrics. However, as much as I adore him (and I really do!), I can never bring myself to purchase his album. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I had to fork out RM200 to buy the Miss Saigon CD and I didn't even cringe when I had to pay a booking fee of RM50 to order the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat CD. But if you even ask me to pay RM39.90 for this CD, I wouldn't. AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY!!! *tug hair* I think I need to really sit down and reflect on my stand as a hardcore music lover *sniffs*

You know, I've always thought that I was a Jay Chou fan. But what fan isn't interested in buying the tickets to his upcoming concert?? What fan wouldn't go watch all his movies in the cinema?? (Just so you know, I've only ever watched Initial D and nothing else. Not even on pirated CDs or DVDs). And when he came out to KL for a "Meet the Fans" session, I wanted to go. But then I found out from my housemate that he only signs original CDs and in order to wait for him to arrive at 5pm, we have to start waiting in line by 12pm! I mean, WTF!? Like I have nothing else better to do than to wait in line clutching a CD to my chest like some besotted fool for someone who doesn't even know me to scrawl on my CD!??! I'd rather fall asleep reading Anne Rice. When I conveyed my thoughts to my housemate, she looked at me with scorn written all over her face. And I guess that kinda strips me of any title that even remotely associates me to being a fan.... *sigh*

Anyways... this CD's not too bad :D



My favourite tracks:

Track No. 2 - Rainbow (Cai Hong)
Track No. 5 - Dandelion's Promise (Bu Gong Ying De Yue Ding)
Track No. 7 - I'm Not Worthy (Wo Bu Pei)
Track No. 9 - Sweetly (Tian Tian De)
Reinforced by the photo above... I like Jay Chou the most when half his face is obliterated from view *grins*

No comments: