Sunday, September 23, 2007

My WebCam

Ever since I've been back in Penang, I've been hooked on Skype! Don't ask me why, I just am *shrugs* So, when I got back to PJ, I headed over to Low Yat earlier today to get a webcam to make my Skype-ing even more interesting...

I wasn't ready to fork out a lot of $$$ for this new toy... after all, I am STILL gloriously unemployed :p (I've been in this sublime state for around a month? Or maybe less... so far, I'm liking it --- except the part about the $$$) Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I was looking up and down, left and right for the perfect one.

My requirements were VERY simple:
1. Must be above 1.0M
2. Compact sized
3. Suitable for laptops and desktops --- meaning gotta have a cute clip so that I can attach it to my laptop and yet be able to stand on its own
4. Cost effective --- BELOW RM100
My requirements sure sounded simple but that ain't the case when I was hunting for the darned thing!
I went to shop after shop after shop after shop after shop... you get the idea... I saw a few from Logitech but they were waaayyy over my budget. Minimum of RM150!! Saw one from Genius but the resolution was lousy althought it was really cute ;) Checked out some from Microsoft but nothing caught my fancy. Looked at some unfamilliar brands too, like A4Tech, that had pretty cool color-schemed ones that were within budget but the resolution was not up to par as well.

Then lo and behold, I saw a box that said "1.3M Pixels Web Camera" and then I immediately looked for the price tag ... "RM60.00" *did a double take!* Sure boh?!? 1.3M at RM60!? But it was of an unfamilliar brand. Anyone heard of "KER"??? After much discussion with Chin Aun, and taking into consideration a few that we saw around, we thought we'd go for it. Checked with the technician working there and he mentioned that this model was quite popular considering the price and specifications.

After we made the purchase, we also walked around to other shops to check it out and noticed that it was selling at RM89.90 at certain places! Guess I got a bargain...
Then I went home with my new toy and gave it a little cosmetic surgery...

From this.... (so boring looking!)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

To this!!! :D

SUI BOH?!?!?!?! (I am so blown away by my own 'talent'!!!! *grin*)

Hehehehe... And it does pretty cool effects too! :D

Some interesting effects of the webcam...


And I like this one most of all... *grin*


Syiok hor?!?!? ;))))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gasp...is that Chin Aun's face superimposed on a really muscular body?
Anyway, I gotta go search for my headphone/mic so we can skype! I found the headphone by the mic thing that I'm suppose to attach to it is somewhere hidden in my cupboard.