Monday, November 27, 2006

Travelogue : Trip to US-Korea 2006 (part 2)

I basked in californian sunshine for a few days and got a few shades darker ;) Okay... it may be autumn there but I figured if it can be known as THE sunshine state, it wouldn't be lacking in rays (not even during autumn!--- hhhmmmm... and I don't even like basking in sunshine that much :p) Just so you know, it's not really very cold there... even though it's Autumn; it's only around 24 degrees Celsius - give or take a little. It's only cold at night...

And since I was in California, this is a must! :)
Sleeping Beauty's Castle - Disneyland, Anaheim
Disneyland - Anaheim
I'm went to the Happiest Place on Earth, otherwise known as Disneyland ;) And I went to the one in Anaheim, to be precise.
Since there isn't much I can describe with words, I'll let the photos do all the talking.
Some photos I took in Disneyland:
my photo of Sleeping Beauty's Castle
(I waited for eons to take this photo cos there were just too many people around!)
"It's A Small World"

Look who I met there *grin*
okayokay.. the photo is so dark, you probably can't see anything. It was the closest thing to Johnny Depp that I could get so I had to settle for that.

lookie who else I 'met' there...

Fantasyland - me trying to pry the sword out from the stone ;D

King Arthur's Carousel
(and for those of you kaypo ppl out there, YES, I went on the carousel.. and my parents and aunt decided to humour me and join me there :p)

The Princess Fantasy Faire
*dreamy look* where Disney's favourite Princess stories come to life...


This is the Mad-Hatter's Tea Party :D
That's me and my dad in the green cup!
Clearly my mom and my aunt weren't the least interested in joining us because they said that they didn't want to feel dizzy. Thank goodness my dad was sporting enough :) He was going on an
d on about not spinning the cup too much and when we started spinning, he complained that I lacked 'oomph'. cis....

And this is TOONTOWN!!!
Everything here is so classic-Disney
Everything's so cute here :D



This is Goofy's House




I invaded Minnie Mouse's House

3 happy people in front of Chip & Dale's Treehouse
okayokay... they were very tired too, but happy nonetheless. I figured none of them were as happy as me, and the trip to Disneyland is actually kinda boring for them (especially my aunt who's been here more than 3 times! *envious envious*) But I know that they went ahead and spent the time and money because I wanted to go really badly. We spent the ENTIRE day there and it was US$69.90 per person... So, I was really thankful!~ *grin*
(I STILL AM THANKFUL! :P)

Disneyland's all geared up for Halloween
I was just wondering how the Thanksgiving and Christmas decoration will look like in Disneyland. Too bad I missed it :(

Isn't this the cutest thing that you have ever seen????? I bought this pooh pin when I was there and I liked it so much that I wore it on my jacket EVERY SINGLE DAY. Then went shopping on Sunday and the pin fell off! *scream* I couldn't find it anywhere and now my heart is broken... *sniff sniff*sob sob*



After spending almost the entire day in Disneyland, we walked over to Downtown Disney, which was only around 5 minutes away...

Here are some photos taken in Downtown Disney:



DOWNTOWN DISNEY
in all its glory

World of Disney
(so you can imagine that I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven... then the price tags jolted me back to reality. And whaddya know... REALITY SUCKS)

Sleeping Beauty's castle in a bubble...

Dad befriended the Sleeping Legoman in front of Legoland

Mom sitting on the "L" in California dressed up in Halloween colors!
I've barely been back here for a month and I'm dying to go back there!! I wonder how long I'd have to save before I can afford another trip like that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll strike the lottery or something...
Well, there is one thing, I might add. The place was insanely packed!!! *eyes bulge* We had to queue for almost 30mins for each ride, so I didn't manage to get on a lot of rides. We didn't even manage to walk the entire Disneyland *cry* We only managed to go to around 3 quarters of the Disneyland Themepark and Downtown Disney, and we didn't even get inside The California Adventure Themepark!
I loved the place so much that I am DEFINITELY going back there :D and I've decided that Chin Aun will have the honour of taking me there in the near future :D :D
He just doesn't know it yet :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, so many nice photos! You saw so many thigns there! When I was there it was already getting dark...i'm so sad, i didn't even see all those that you saw. Sigh....looks like i need to go back there one day. Should I give Chin Aun the honour to sponsor your best friend..yours truly...yours faithfully....ME...to the land of happiness? hahaha, don't tell him that. It would be so fun if you, Chin Aun, me and Ding get the chance to go one day. Let's pray that we strike lottery one day. I love that toon town photo you took. I can't believe I didn't see it..I'll blame it on the lighting..too dark for me to see where I was going around Disneyland.