Saturday, August 19, 2006

Jack's Place

Chin Aun took me to Jack's Place in 1-Utama for a celebratory dinner on Saturday (actually, it was a couple of saturdays ago but I have been putting off my blog on this - mainly cos I'm a bum...). We've been wanting to try it out for quite some time already but we have been putting it off due to lack of monetary resources (?) hehehe...
No blog post is complete without a shop-front shot of the place:


Jack's Place in 1-Utama
(on the same row as La Senza, etc)

This is what we had off the menu:

Appetizer - Shrimp and Mango Salad *yum*
the serving is small; not to mention a little bit pricey too.. but it was so so shrimpalicious!


Soup - Lobster Bisque served with 2 slices of garlic bread
*drools* this tiny bowl of soup cost almost RM10 and it was delicious right up to the last drop

Chin Aun's main course - Mixed Grill
a nice mix of beef, lamb, chicken, sausage and ham... not to mention the yummy stuffed potato and vege :)

My main course - Jack's Special Steak
Ah.. beef, beef and more beef. Served with shitake mushrooms, asparagus, various types of vege and a stuffed potato! (i like the stuffed potato with its sour cream and chicken bits)


Our Dessert - Banana Split! Yummy!!
Ice cream is still just Ice Cream and nothing beats Bulla's Crumb Honeycomb but this one is nice too. I would have liked it better without the whipped cream, but of course, that's just me ;)

Anyways, here's what boring old me thinks of it (on a scale of 1 to 10):

Food Portion - 7 (the main course is pretty alright, just the soup and the appetizer)
Food Quality - 8
Variety - 6 (personally, I think there should be more variety, say, various types of gravy for the steak, etc)
Service - 7 (the service is fine... much better than the service at Chilis and Italiannies! but there wasn't a permanent usher at the entrance)
Environment - 6 (the place is a rather small, but other than that, I like the interior and the ambience just fine)
Value for Money - 6 (they have promos and all, so it's much better than some other dining outlets)

So, all in all, I'd definitely go back there in the future when my purse is more accomodating ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm hungry already...